Our client, a leader in digital content production, seeks a talented Mobile Application Engineer to work on their AR & VR based platform.
The Mobile Application Engineer implements the development and support of the studio's Immersive platform for brands. The individual must be creative and self-sufficient while providing technical solutions.
This is a remote/telecommute position. The studio is 100% virtual and allows the applicant to work anywhere in the world!
- Work closely with the Tech Lead and QA testers to develop unique immersive experiences on our in-house platform for AAA class brands
- Develop new features, reusable components, and documentation as requested by the Tech Lead
- Participate in team cross training, code reviews, and mentoring of more junior developers
- Coordinate with your team to define development timeframes, dependencies, and areas of risk to be considered in project planning
- Ensure assets are efficiently integrated into the engine while preserving overall integrity and performance
- Ability to communicate effectively and work as part of a team
- Proven experience building software with Unity (games or apps), ideally that are consumer facing and content driven
- Solid understanding of the full software development life cycle
- Ability to quickly find creative solutions to difficult problems
- Ability to write documented, unit testable, C# code, that is compliant with our company coding conventions and standards
- Strong attention to detail, rigorous in self-testing code and delivering high quality work
- Analytical thinker, capable of translating business requirements, wireframes, etc. into application architecture
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- Passion for Immersive experiences
- Preferred Qualifications
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related degree, or relevant professional experience
- 4+ years' experience in game development
- Experience working in Unity 5.x or higher
- Experience working with .fbx files in Unity
- Mobile development experience (iOS and/or Android)
- Familiarity working in a scrum/agile environment