We are expanding the capabilities of our in-house studio and looking for highly motivated ecommerce photographers with a creative eye with the ability to capture products in the best way possible through lighting, styling, and composition.
Our ideal photographer should be able to pull of standard neutral background shots, but also work against a shortlist and moodboard to create stylish product mood/lifestyle photography. Our wide range of clients require the ability to conceptualize and execute mood, lifestyle, laydown, ghost mannequin, studio model and on-location model shots, and any other type of photography that works towards presenting products in their best light. Before applying, please review HTTPS://RIPEN.COM/PHOTOGRAPHY. This role will help continue the quality and expand the portfolio images found there.
The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of camera equipment and studio lighting, as well as a desire to be a part of a fast-paced, thriving e-commerce business and contribute ideas for growing the studio's offerings.
*While the role will start on a freelance basis, part-time/full-time staff status will only depend on studio growth and continuous client work.
If you're ready to expand your portfolio with us, send us your details.
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH ONLINE PORTFOLIOS FOR PRODUCT PHOTOGRAPHY WILL BE REVIEWED. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO REVIEW HTTPS://RIPEN.COM/PHOTOGRAPHY TO ENSURE YOU HAVE THE CAPABILITIES TO CAPTURE THAT THOSE STYLES.
• Photograph using both natural and studio lighting (strobes, soft boxes, umbrellas), utilizing tethered shooting
• Able to find the right angle, shape, or detail to properly capture a product's design and match the Ripen portfolio aesthetic.
• Shoot on model, on mannequin, lay flats, hanging apparel photography
• Photograph apparel and other products for clients’ advertising, marketing, and e-commerce needs.
• Responsible for light product styling for alt views on product detail pages
• Retouch to industry standard including compositing, liquifying, and other photo manipulation techniques
• Partnering closely with creative team for styling and art direction
• Collaborate with marketing and merchandise teams on creative concepts for e-commerce and corporate photography assignments
• Work with e-commerce merchandise coordinators to establish and maintain an efficient workflow
• 3+ years photography experience preferred in a digital print and/or web environment
• Strong knowledge of photography techniques including lighting, styling, and composition
• Experience with Capture One and Lightroom
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop, required
• Strong sense of color theory and understanding of color management
• Experience photographing and retouching in online retail is a plus
• Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and adapt easily to last minute changes in art direction, product design, and project execution
• Energetic attitude and passion for photography
PERFECT FIT? IF SO, PLEASE PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING
• Link to your online porfolio
• Hourly rate
All candidates must be within commuting distance of our Princeton, NJ office.
No remote candidates will be considered.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.