LOCATION: Turlock, CA
The Restoration Biologist works with the Senior Biologists and Ecologists to identify, evaluate, implement and complete restoration activities.
THIS POSITION WILL BE A MIXTURE OF WORKING IN OUR TURLOCK OFFICE, AS WELL AS WORKING IN THE FIELD ON OUR VARIOUS PROJECTS. FIELD WORK WILL INCLUDE NATIVE PLANT IDENTIFICATION, DATA COLLECTION, AND WORKING IN THE OUTDOORS.
SOME OF THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Collecting and monitoring experimental data, entering data into computer databases, completing analyses of information and reporting.
- Completing site specific restoration plans, permits, and project progress reports.
- Assisting in translating the site specific design across the project area for implementation.
- Working on educational activities for the public, as well as attending public events to promote the organization and its mission.
- Developing and delivering presentations to the scientific community and the public.
- Developing and maintaining good relations with agency personnel, contractors, and neighbors.
- Working long hours and/or weekends in a variety of field conditions.
- Traveling to multiple restoration projects for planning and monitoring, which may include River Partners’ other branches.
- Performs other assignments from time to time as requested by the Sr. Ecologist to achieve department and company business goals.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues, supervisors, and managers at all times
- Teamwork: interacts effectively with people in all areas of company.
- Strong analytical ability to assess complex situations and apply problem solving strategies
- Ability to apply logical thinking and sound judgment to a wide range of practical problems
- Excellent communication; written, oral and group facilitation in sharing biological findings
- Intermediate knowledge of California plants, riparian ecology, hydrology, soils and /or wildlife.
- Work well under pressure in order to meet multiple, and sometimes, competing deadlines.
- Intermediate skills in collecting, organizing, and analyzing field data.
- Demonstrate an understanding of statistics, experimental design, and data collection.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow oral and written instruction.
- Integrity and ethics beyond reproach.
- Commitment and enthusiasm to carry out River Partners mission.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office applications