SUMMARY: The R&D Scientist, Modern Masters Group has the responsibility for commercializing new or existing coating’s technologies to support the revenue growth and objectives of the corporation. The incumbent will engage in the conceptualization and development of new coatings, new chemistries and engineering concepts to drive new business opportunities. In addition, the R&D Scientist will set activities, timetables and milestones with supporting technical groups and report to the R&D Director of Primers. This is an exciting, hands-on position with exposure to many disciplines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop new technologies targeted at consumer and industrial coatings.
- Support manufacturing and business units to insure quality and performance.
- Develop project goals, timelines and milestones jointly with Marketing Teams.
- Manage and collaborate efforts with outside technical resources, both supplier related and academically originated.
- Work with Regulatory to insure compliance of existing products and new products.
- Provides any necessary assistance to Customers and Sales.
- Comply with safety, quality and housekeeping policies.
- BS or Masters Degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science/Engineering or a comparable scientific field. PhD preferred.
- 5-10 years hands–on coating formulation/development experience. Ability to oversee and work on multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to move projects from inception to commercialization.
- Proven track record of experience in the planning, execution and implementation of projects.
- Demonstrated understanding and use of project management.
- Proven track record of successful product launches.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with inter and intra-company disciplines.
- Proven history of leadership and innovation.
- Ability to travel approximately 10% of the time, domestically and internationally.
- Ability to work safely at all locations.
- Self-starter, highly motivated and results oriented.
- Solid record keeping skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.