ELECTRICAL ENGINEER II
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Syncom Space Services, Inc. (S3) is seeking an Electrical Engineer II. To join our Engineering Services Department team at NASA John C. Stennis Space Center. The ideal candidate will perform complex electrical design and analysis of new facility systems, modify existing facility systems, and provide technical support to compliance with current electrical industry, and site standards. The electrical engineer will provide leadership and discipline expertise to less experienced engineers.
- Develop electrical designs for construction of new or modification to existing facilities, including such undertakings as electrical load and voltage drop analyses, arc flash studies wiring schematics, cable routing, and length, electrical equipment specification, and development of equipment arrangement plans.
- Create design and construction proposals, including cost and schedule, for customer review and approval.
- Prepare plans and specifications for construction packages using design software and in conjunction with other project team members,
- Review and approve vendor/contractor submittals and Requests for Information (RFIs)
- Work independently while understanding the necessity and engineering disciplines.
- Must comply with all applicable safety and health related policies and procedures.
- Monitor and report the status of all current design projects
- Conduct site visits with designers/drafters and other engineers to field verify as-builts. Research site conditions, and develop project design strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from an ABET accredited university and 8 years of relevant experience.
- Adept in performing load analysis and arc-flash studies.
- Experience with designing overhead and underground medium and low voltage distribution systems
- Experience win working in Hazard Rated Areas, Class1, Division, and Group D.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen in order to obtain required NASA Badge
- Must be able to provide a certified Birth Certificate (with state seal), Passport, or INS Citizenship documents on date of hire. (Candidate will be sent home if this if this paperwork is not provided upon arrival on the date of hire)
- Must have the ability to communicate the English language, both verbally and written, in an effective manner.
- Must have and maintain, a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a Pre-Employment background check and drug screen test.
- Maintain a clean, neat, professional personal appearance.
- Ensure quality and completeness of work is a safe and timely manner as well as insuring area worked are clean, neat and ready for customer needs when complete.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) I is required.
- Must have experience with AutoCAD, Windchill, and SKM.
- Prior Knowledge of a NASA site or experience with working on government installations preferred.
- Must possess exceptional communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to coordinate and manage multiple project activities simultaneously.
- Utilizes resourcefulness in researching various documents and databases, as well as gathering various types of information or other resources.
- Working knowledge of NFPA 70 and NFPA 70E.