Quality Assurance Engineer/ NDE Examiner
- Quality Assurance Engineer responsible for assuring the quality of site wide MT/PT.VT NDE inspection programs and to evaluate complex non-destructive examination requirements and specifications imposed by the customer for technical adequacy.
- Develop and champion an archetype PAUT program to demonstrate method capabilities and potential applications
- Expand responsibilities to be the site lead Examiner with cognizance over them over the majority of NDE Inspections methods
- Support, lead, and provide direction to assure compliance in all on-site and vendor NDE activity.
- Represent the company during technical discussions and contract negotiations with customers concerning NDE capabilities, reliability and technical problems
- Assist production personnel in solving NDE related issues with primary emphasis on special technology and new techniques
- Perform NDE inspections using one or more of the following, NDE disciplines; RT, MT, PT, UT, VT, and ET.
- Evaluate new non-destructive examination requirements imposed by the customer and determine their effectiveness to fulfill the intended requirements
- Evaluate NDE compliance metrics and take action as necessary to mitigate and eliminate noncompliant activity
- Communicate regularly with customer technical representatives on information they may require
- Maintain constant communication with members of all program teams to assure swift and appropriate resolution of product NDE problems
- Preforms technical and statistical investigations into NDE issues with the objective of manufacturing losses
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or engineering field required
- 8 years QA experience in a similar professional environment is preferred
- Prior knowledge of NDE Engineering with an emphasis on MTP/PT, VT is a must