FIRST COLONIAL INN:
Nestled on six wooded acres, First Colonial Inn is a peaceful sanctuary in the heart of Hilltop, Virginia Beach’s most popular area. First Colonial Inn offers Independent and Assisted Living and has been described as a "gracious blend of country inn and elegant cruise ship." A dramatic fountain and distinctive colonial style architecture welcome you in, where you’ll find a warm atmosphere and highly social residents.
For over 25 years, Kisco Senior Living has specialized in developing and managing full service rental senior living communities that provide an enriched lifestyle. Our associates are the key to our success and pride themselves in working with integrity, kindness, creativity and passion. We are looking for individuals that will support our mission for growth and uphold our strong principles, values and beliefs by, embodying collaboration, compassion and an eagerness to learn and develop.
KISCO SENIOR LIVING CREATES COMMUNITIES WHERE WE SHARE PASSIONS, LIVE IN BALANCE AND LEAVE A LEGACY.
At First Colonial Inn, the Supervisor in Charge is responsible for the supervision of the Assisted Living department in the absence of the Assisted Living Director, Resident Care Coordinator or Memory Care Coordinator, ensuring exemplary service delivered with integrity, dignity and compassion. Assist with medication, direct care staff, coordinate services to residents. The Supervisor in Charge provides assistance with activities of daily living while encouraging independence and ensuring each resident’s physical, social, cultural, and intellectual well-being.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Observes and monitors residents for any changes in condition and reports to Assisted Living Director, RCC, MCC or appropriate physician.
- Assist residents with simple requests as needed or find appropriate associate to assist.
- Learn resident preferences for opportunities to provide exemplary customer service, exceed resident expectations and enhance resident satisfaction.
- Effectively supervise departmental operations on a day-to-day basis under the guidance of the Assisted Living Director, Resident Care Coordinator (RCC) or Memory Care Coordinator (MCC)
- Supervises Resident Assistants.
- Maintains cleanliness of the Assisted Living or Arboretum areas.
- Assures distribution of meal trays, assists with serving and clearing of all tables after meals.
- Assists or provides supervision for residents performing activities of daily living (i.e. shaving, oral hygiene, bathing, nail care, dressing, etc.).
- Performs the following tasks: vital signs, weight, diabetic testing and/or insulin injections (if state allowed), medication assistance, ambulation, and activities.
- Support, lead and participate in resident-centered wellness programs.
- Works toward maintaining each resident’s self-respect, personal dignity, and personal safety.
- Assists Medication Aids & Resident Assistants as needed and whenever primary supervisory tasks are completed.
- Assists with Medication Aids & resident assistants’ scheduling and assignments.
- Tracks supplies that are needed and communicates to Assisted Living Director, RCC or MCC.
- Monitors medication cart/storage on a weekly basis.
- Perform other related duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- High school diploma or GED required (copy of high school diploma or GED needed)
- Nursing assistant course (80 hours state-approved)
- Have completed the required training, and/or certification (according to state) for assisting with medications
- Obtain at least 12 units of continuing education per year as mandated by the state
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must meet the minimum requirements of those supervised
- Requires completion of the state form for SIC as well as references
- Must have current First Aid and CPR certification
- Standard precautions HIV/AIDS Trained
WHAT WE OFFER:
Rich Benefit Package including:
401k Retirement plan
Paid Time Off
Employee Awards and Recognitions
Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
WE ARE LOOKING FOR GENUINE, MOTIVATED, AND CARING PEOPLE TO JOIN OUR KISCO TEAM.
- Action Oriented – Enjoying working hard and having energy for the job; seize opportunities
- Caring – Interested in the lives of others; available to listen and ask about the concerns and needs of others
- Customer Focus – Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; act with the customer in mind
- Functional/Technical Skills – Having the skills and abilities to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Informing – Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and feel good about being a member of the team
- Integrity and Trust – Seen as a direct, truthful individual; keep confidences; admit mistakes
- Managing and Measuring Work – Clearly assigns responsibility and monitors process, progress, and results
- Motivating Others – Creates a climate in which people want to do their best
- Organizing – Uses resources effectively and efficiently (people, funding, material, support)
- Problem Solving – Uses logic and creativity to solve difficult problems and find effective solutions