The Senior Compensation Analyst develops, implements and administers compensation policies and programs for KCS, which include the US and Mexico salary structures, career architecture, job descriptions and organizational structures. This position is actively engaged with all levels of KCS leadership during critical parts of the employee life-cycle that include hire, merit increases, bonus payments, job changes and promotions to ensure all pay decisions align with the KCS compensation philosophy and practice.
Works independently and receives minimal guidance. Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions. Leads projects with moderate scope, risks, and resource requirements. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. Develops and manages operational initiatives to deliver tactical results.
- Collaborates with and educates all levels of KCS leadership and within HR to provide analytical insight and market analysis on a variety of projects including compensation programs, organizational design, and career architecture.
- Designs and administers KCS country specific pay programs, including annual merit and incentive pay programs, pay offers for new hires, job changes and promotions to ensure conformance to established guidelines, policies and practices.
- Analyzes corrective or alternative actions to ensure fair and consistent compensation practices, both proactively and reactively.
- Audits jobs to ensure the job descriptions accurately reflect job responsibilities, activities, duties and requirements.
- Manages survey participation and market analysis to analyze competitive salary information and direct the company's competitive position.
- Develops and documents procedures to ensure compliance with KCS policy and applicable government regulations, and redesigns processes for greater efficiency.
- Reviews existing and proposed statutory requirements governing compensation administration and recommends appropriate courses of action.
- Leads and/or participates in projects across HR to represent the Compensation team and support the HR function as a whole.
- Ensures accuracy in HRIS system for data related to organization structure, job architecture and compensation.
- Exemplifies KCS Vision, Values, and Culture in each and every interaction with team, clients, and stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college, preferably in a job related major field of study.
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant professional experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five (5) years experience with compensation and/or reward programs, including experience with data analysis, market pricing, training, and program management.
- Experience with US and Mexico compensation practices.
- Fluent in Spanish.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation.
- Experience with Job Architecture implementation and management.
- Experience building job evaluation, salary and incentives structures.
- Experience with organizational design and career mapping.
The duties listed are representative of the job; however, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties a person may be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer/Veteran/Disabled. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.