The Sr. International Tax Analyst assists with the development, execution and implementation of international tax strategies. The analyst prepares international related filings for U.S. federal income tax returns. They complete research for tax issues relevant to the company’s international tax profile and maintain financial models to track and optimize the use of the company’s tax attributes, such as Foreign Tax Credits (FTC).
- Assists with development and execution of tax planning strategies.
- Researches and prepares technical memoranda on international tax topics relevant to the company’s international tax issues and opportunities.
- Manages U.S. outbound tax compliance activities, including preparation of US forms 5471, 8865, 8858, 1118 and the 8900 Series Forms.
- Assists with the preparation, analysis and review of income tax provisions for actuals and forecasts, as it relates to international taxes.
- Assists with IRS examinations and responds to Internal Revenue Service (IRS) notices pertaining to international issues on the U.S. return.
- Manages planning calendar for international tax compliance and reporting tasks.
- Maintains financial models to assist in tax planning, including the optimization of the use of company tax attributes.
- Collaborates with cross-functional groups within the company and with external consultants as needed to execute tax planning strategies.
- Exemplifies KCS Vision, Values, and Culture in each and every interaction with team, clients, and stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university – preferably in Accounting, Finance, Business or a related field
- Five (5) years of relevant professional experience, or Three (3) years of relevant experience at a public accounting firm, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three (3) years of international tax experience in public accounting or within the tax department of a multi-national organization
- Understands international direct and indirect tax concepts.
- Understands U.S. federal tax filings with forms such as 5471, 8858, 8865, 1118 and 8900 Series.
- Acquires knowledge of new developments in tax, understands and communicates how those developments impact the company.
- Demonstrates strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Identifies issues and completes assigned tasks by balancing and prioritizing competing deadlines.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and collaborative teamwork skills to achieve common objectives.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Accepts personal ownership for assigned tasks and identifies opportunities to go beyond the assigned task to add value.
The duties listed are representative of the job; however, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties a person may be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer/Veteran/Disabled. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.