STG International is seeking qualified candidates to work full-time as a Medical Scientist in Washington, DC
THIS POSTING IS FOR FUTURE OPENINGS – NO CURRENT AVAILABLE POSITIONS.
Minimum duties may include but are not limited to:
- Conduct research dealing with the understanding of human diseases and the improvement of human health.
- Engage in clinical investigation, research and development, or other related activities.
- Includes physicians, dentists, public health specialists, pharmacologists, and medical pathologists who primarily conduct research.
- Supporting the medical and consultative needs for one (1) or more Federal agencies; representing FOH as a surrogate medical consultant; performing a mixture of administrative, clinical, and consultant responsibilities depending on specific assignments;
- demonstrating a strong level of technical expertise and ability to work and communicate effectively in high stress situations;
- receiving FOH program direction from the Associate Medical Director for Federal Occupational Health;
- possessing a strong technical knowledge regarding federal safety and health regulations;
- demonstrating a high level of professional conduct;
- promoting improvement-oriented ideas; producing quality products under a short time frame;
- providing ongoing intellectual guidance for occupational clinic activities; ensuring care/medical direction is of the highest caliber; providing consultation with local agency management on program needs/development;
- provisioning of acute emergency care; completing federally-regulated and agency-mandated examinations (medical surveillance, return to work, etc.), health screenings, and employee health consultations; conducting hands-on examinations; rendering a professional opinion as it relates to work clearances or recommendations consistent with the examination findings and established physical qualifications;
- providing medical evaluation or short-term treatment (e.g., antibiotics, etc.) at assigned sites that operate urgent care/”sick call” clinics;
- providing expert advice and consultation on Occupational Medicine matters; performing medical consultation in accordance with FOH’ policy and guidelines;
- providing expert witness testimony services to support medical recommendations on employability and reasonable accommodation issues.
- Licensed physician (MD or DO) board certified in Preventive Medicine/Occupational or a primary care specialty (e.g., Family Practice, Internal Medicine, etc.)
- Certain positions may require FAA flight surgeon certification or MROCC certification.
- BLS/ACLS/AED certification required if providing direct patient care.
- May be required to have the Medical Examiner's Certificate for Certified Driver License exams
- Must be privileged by FOH Medical Director.
- Two (2) years' experience in an occupational clinic setting performing medical case reviews.
- Must possess expert understanding of Federal safety and health regulations,
- experience in addressing ADA requests, and BLS/ACLS/AED certification required if providing direct patient care.
- Advanced training in Public Health is desired with a previous experience as a medical consultant for a Federal agency.
- A broad knowledge of requirements for Federal workplace drug testing programs and past expert witness experience as well as experience in marketing
STG International, Inc (STGi) is a workforce solutions company providing comprehensive healthcare delivery, Head Start and management consulting services and human capital solutions help our clients. Our services and solutions help our clients sustain and enhance their operations to better accomplish their mission.
_STGI OFFERS A COMPETITIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE WHICH INCLUDES MEDICAL, DENTAL, VISION, 401K WITH COMPANY MATCH AND A GENEROUS PTO POLICY.
STG International, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.