STG International (STGi) is currently seeking a Clinic Manager to provide services at our Community Based Outpatient Clinic. The primary purpose of this position is to serve as the Patient Relations Specialist, who represents the interests of Veteran patients in all areas of the clinic and coordinate care with the Medical Center and stakeholders. The position requires an understanding of the programs, processes and procedures of the clinic and relationships of various services. The position is directly linked to Customer Service, and Service Excellence program initiatives. The general duty of the Clinic Manager is to provide professional clinical services under the direction of the Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) and to manage the day to day activities of the clinic.
- Perform managerial duties related to organization, leadership, and delegation of tasks, critical thinking, and prioritizing competing actions/activities.
- As the designated CBOC Safety Officer, demonstrates, understands and performs tasks related to safety and security principles and practices.
- As the designated CBOC infection Control Officer, demonstrates, understands, and performs tasks related to infection control principles and practices.
- As the designated CBOC Patient Advocacy Officer, demonstrates, understands and performs tasks related to customer service and patient satisfaction.
- As the designated CBOC Information Management/Cyber Security Officer, demonstrates, understands and performs tasks to ensure compliance with all VA policies and procedures related to information management.
- Complete and submit all mandatory reports, logs, inspections, etc. in an accurate and timely manner as directed by STGi and its Subcontractor.
- Demonstrate and utilize the basic principles of team building to create a positive work environment.
- Ensure all STGi and VA policies and procedures related to CBOC operations are implemented and enforced.
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal statutes and regulations e.g. OSHA, CDC, Joint Commission.
- Ensure compliance with all contract performance measures.
- Ensure all staff are compliant with completing all encounter forms on the day of the patient’s visit, but no longer than 24 hours later.
- Demonstrate, understand and ensure fiscal responsibility in CBOC management e.g. judicious use of supplies/equipment, minimal staff overtime.
- Demonstrate, understand and utilize appropriate methods in communication with staff, STGi, VAMC and all other subcontractors.
- Ensure the CBOC staff and workplace remain in a constant state of readiness for any announced or unannounced inspections/surveys e.g. Joint Commission, VAMC EOC, CBOC Operations Manager, etc.
- Work under direct supervision of a Physician for clinical practice in accordance with state and federal guidelines and rules.
- Provide primary and preventive medical care to meet the needs (physical, mental, and emotional) of patients under a limited scope of Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) codes and within his/her skills and training.
- Provide medical patient care to the scope and standards of practice established by a nationally recognized credentialing organization representing Registered Nurses.
- Function within the scope of practice of the state and state Medical Practice Act.
- Emphasize wellness, prevention, and early detection.
- Supervise support staff in delivery of care to patients.
- Conduct preliminary review of the Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) metrics.
- Compile all fire and safety reports and organizes all safety relevant clinic wide drills.
- Ensure compliance with all reporting, HIPAA, privacy, OSAHA, VA and OIG regulations within the clinic
- Implements and monitors day to day program operations and modifications.
- Monitor patient flow activates, daily patient satisfaction and wait times.
- Monitor scheduling and patient access activities.
- Manage daily staff performance issues.
- Coordinate and lead monthly staff meetings.
- Work with STGi Program Manager and STGi Human Resources to provide counselling to staff members.
- Maintain universal precautions and infection control practices.
- Provide smooth and timely flow of patients in accordance with the VA's access standards and triage protocol.
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and assist during respiratory and cardiac arrest procedures.
- Set up and operate therapeutic and emergency equipment, including monitor, electrocardiogram (EKG), oxygen, automatic electronic defibrillator (AED) and portable suction.
- Assist the CBOC staff to ensure all patient information on access/wait time documentation is complete and accurate.
- Assist the CBOC staff to ensure all patient information on electronic encounter documentation is complete and accurate.
- Comply with all federal, state, local, Joint Commission, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Veteran Affairs, and Subcontractor safety and operational regulations, directives and standards.
- Participate in the ongoing Performance Improvement Program between STGi and the VAMC.
- Participate in staff development programs and Performance Excellence and Peer Review Programs.
- Perform, under the Primary Care Provider's and STGi Program Manager’s supervision, administrative and clerical duties.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information and supporting patients' privacy, rights, and safety.
- Manage/coordinate the CBOC's day-to-day activity.
- Act as a liaison for the Veterans Affairs Medical Center (VAMC).
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned
- Must have exceptional diplomatic communication skills and experience in handling difficult customer situations.
- Must be detailed oriented, and have the ability to multi-task.
- Proven track record in advanced high level customer service and follow through a plus.
- Must be a positive, professional team player.
- Current RN state license preferred. Must comply will all state requirements and regulations.
- Possess Basic Life Support (BLS from AHA or MTN).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Software and computer skills including experience with electronic medical records systems.
- Minimum of one (1) years’ experience as a clinic manager in a related area of patient care - I.e. Family Practice/Adult Practice/Women’s Health.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and a graduate of an accredited program for RN from a National League for Nursing (NLN)-accredited school - Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Preferred OR Bachelor of Management in Healthcare administration preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Required to respond to any medical emergency within the clinic, where a fast walk or job may be necessary to provide assistance.
STG International, Inc (STGi) is a workforce solutions company providing comprehensive healthcare delivery, Head Start and management consulting services and human capital solutions help our clients. Our services and solutions help our clients sustain and enhance their operations to better accomplish their mission.
_STGI OFFERS A COMPETITIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE WHICH INCLUDES MEDICAL, DENTAL, VISION, 401K WITH COMPANY MATCH AND A GENEROUS PTO POLICY.