STG International (STGi) is currently seeking a Primary Care Physician to provide Full Time services at the Community Outpatient Clinic in Mountain Home, Arkansas.
The clinic operates Monday – Friday during normal business hours. No Weekends, No Call.
The general duty of the Primary Care Physician is to provide covered professional outpatient primary medical services to enrolled patients of the Veterans Affairs Medical Center (VAMC) in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Veteran Affairs Primary Care Program, and to supervise the Community Based Outpatient Clinic's (CBOC’s) day-to-day delivery of medical care.
These duties include:
- Provide medical care based on primary and preventative care ,to meet the needs (physical, mental, and emotional) of patients under a limited scope of Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) codes and within his/her skills and training.
- Function as the point of entry into the VA health care system.
- Manage medical care; basic mental screenings; medication adjustments; mild depression, anxiety, and loss/grief issues; and continuity of care with the VAMC for patients enrolled in the VA Primary Care Program.
- Emphasize wellness, prevention and early detection.
- Promote continuity and quality of care through an ongoing relationship with the veteran enrollee.
- Maintain universal precautions and infection control practices.
- Develop and maintain an ongoing relationship with the veteran and assists the veteran in making referrals for services and/or admissions to the VAMC as medically appropriate.
- Determine which referrals are required based on examination and patient needs.
- Provide smooth and timely flow of patients in accordance with the VA access standards and triage protocol.
- Oversee all delivery of care to patients by the CBOC.
- Administer medications per facility protocols.
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and assist during respiratory and cardiac arrest procedures.
- Document all pertinent patient information in their Veterans Health Information Systems and Technology Architecture (VISTA) medical records to demonstrate quality care delivery and promote continuity of care.
- Keeps the VISTA clinic reminder tracking system current for each enrolled patient.
- Determine level of urgency of follow-up, referral/consultation appointments in accordance to the VA access standards and the patient's medical necessity.
- Keep patient informed regarding their plan of care, including lab and diagnostic test results as needed.
- Provide health educational, materials and resources to patients and their families for informational purposes.
- Participate in the ongoing Performance Improvement Program between its Subcontractor(s), and the VAMC.
- Assist in ensuring that all required reports are completed in an accurate and complete fashion.
- Assist in the management/coordination of the clinic's day-to-day activity, in conjunction with the Registered Nurse (RN)/CBOC Manager and VA Program's philosophy.
- Comply with all Federal, state, local, Joint Commission, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Veteran Affairs, Subcontractor safety and operational regulations, directives and standards.
- Ensure all patient information on encounter forms is complete and accurate.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information and supporting patients` privacy, rights, and safety.
- Act as a liaison for the VAMC
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned
STGI OFFERS AN OUTSTANDING BENEFITS PACKAGE WHICH INCLUDES MEDICAL, DENTAL, VISION, 401K WITH COMPANY MATCH AND A GENEROUS PTO POLICY. STG INTERNATIONAL IS AN EEO COMPLIANT ORGANIZATION.
- Retain an active, full and unrestricted medical license in the state in which the physician practices. (State specific license in which the CBOC is located required).
- Board-certified by the ABMS in Internal Medicine and or Family Practice or the BOS ABMS in Internal Medicine and or Family Practice or board eligible within four (4) years of residency completion in either Internal Medicine and/or Family Practice.
- Current and unrestricted DEA.
- Retain current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)/ Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association (AHA) or the Military Training Network (MTN).
- Knowledge of and ability to apply professional medical principles, procedures, and techniques in accordance with the community and VA standards of practice.
- Knowledge of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, including desired effects, side effects, complications, and patient usage considerations.
- Experience with safe and reasonable practices regarding opioid medications for chronic musculoskeletal pain
- Knowledge of the basic concepts of customer service technique related to age-specific population.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in the English language along with proper telephone etiquette.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software and computer maneuverability including experience with electronic medical records systems.
- Possess a Doctorate Degree in Medicine from an accredited college approved by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education and Hospitals of the American Medical Association, a Doctorate degree in Osteopathy from a college accredited by the American Osteopathic Association, or permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
- Successful completion of a residency program in Family Practice or Internal Medicine with recognition by the American Board of Medical Specialties or by the American Osteopathic Association.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Required to respond to any medical emergency within the clinic, where a fast walk or job may be necessary to provide assistance.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
STG International, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.