STG International (STGi) is currently seeking a Medical Support Assistant to provide services at our Community Based Outpatient Clinic_. _The general duty of the Medical Support Assistant is to provide clerical and administrative support for the Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC). Responsibilities would include:
- Manages the schedules and treatment of CBOC patients.
- Maintains electronic logs/files in conjunction with the consult/appointment process.
- Greets and checks in patients, updating records as necessary.
- Coordinates patients' schedules and clinic flow.
- Performs clerical and administrative functions to maintain patient data.
- Schedules new and established patient appointments.
- Tracks and facilitates completion of encounters and consults.
- Participates in PACT team huddles and team meetings to manage and plan patient care.
- Monitors pre-appointment requirements to assure readiness for patient visit/procedure (e.g., X-ray, lab work).
- Manages electronic wait list to verify and validate accuracy and resolve issues.
- Performs administrative follow up actions.
- Participates in and independently follows up on team huddles by sharing information and collaborating with the medical team to assure continuity of care.
- Evaluates patient information and clinic schedule lists to determine whether patient is vested.
- Gathers information and collects/compiles data to meet the needs of the service.
- Deals effectively with individuals who may be ill, irritable, or otherwise hard to please.
- Maintains alertness to patients requiring immediate treatment.
- Extends a high degree of customer service to patients, other contractor staff, Subcontractor(s) staff and personnel, and Veterans Affairs Medical Center (VAMC).
- Conducts initial screen of patients, including veteran eligibility and active enrollment in the VA Primary Care Program.
- Verifies that required appropriate individual has completed CBOC/VA paper work.
- Schedules and notifies patients of follow-up appointments/referrals.
- Assists in the coordination of supplies/equipment.
- Assists in maintaining the Veteran Health Information Systems and Technology Architecture (VISTA) clinic reminder tracking system current for each enrolled patient.
- Assists the CBOC Clinic Manager in ensuring that all required reports are completed in an accurate and complete fashion.
- Acts as a liaison between contractor and the VAMC.
- Participates in the ongoing Performance Improvement Program between STGi and VAMC.
- Complies with all federal, state, local, Joint Commission, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Veteran Affairs, STG and subcontractor safety and operational regulations, directives and standards.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information and support patients’ privacy, patients’’ rights, and safety.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Must have sufficient front office experience.
- Knowledge of skills to perform all secretarial/clerical support tasks (typing, filing).
- Knowledge of basic methods and procedures and complex methods for coordinating and scheduling clinical care.
- Skill and precision in use of the tools, materials and equipment, to include expert knowledge of telehealth technologies appropriate for each type of visit and how to troubleshoot technical issues that may arise with the technology.
- Minimum of two (2) years of current medical and clerical experience working in a similar environment. (Outpatient clinical and/or other hospital experience preferred).
- Excellent customer service and communication techniques related to population.
- Knowledge of specialized terminology associated with the work in the facility and in-depth knowledge of the terminology used in Primary care practice.
- Ability to follow orders and works under close supervision, while demonstrating initiative and independence.
- Ability to provide educational material to patients and/or families regarding proper e health care activities, such as giving injections, taking blood pressures, etc.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills along with proper telephone etiquette.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Software, Electronic Medical Records and computer maneuverability.
- Must have exceptional diplomatic communication skills and experience in handling difficult customer situations.
- Must be detailed oriented and have the ability to multi-task.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)/ Basic Life Support (BLS) from AHA or MTN preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Required to respond to any medical emergency within the clinic, where a fast walk or job may be necessary to provide assistance.
STG International, Inc (STGi) is a workforce solutions company providing comprehensive healthcare delivery, Head Start and management consulting services and human capital solutions help our clients. Our services and solutions help our clients sustain and enhance their operations to better accomplish their mission.
STGI OFFERS A COMPETITIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE WHICH INCLUDES MEDICAL, DENTAL, VISION, 401K WITH COMPANY MATCH AND A GENEROUS PTO POLICY.
STG International, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.