The primary purpose of this position is to serve as Regional Clinic Manager. This individual represents the interests of Veteran patients, staff, Veterans Health Administration (VHA) and STGi in all areas of the clinic and coordinates care with the Medical Center and stakeholders. The position requires an understanding of the programs, processes and procedures of the clinic and relationships of various services. The position is directly linked to Customer Service and Service Excellence program initiatives. The Regional Clinic Manager has full accountability for all operational aspects of the CBOCs within his/her geographic region.
- Support clinic leadership to manage day to day operations, ensure clinical quality expectations and provide exceptional customer service. This includes compliance requirements of the Office of Inspector General (OIG), Joint Commission (JC), Environment of Care (EOC) oversight, lab compliance and other related items, such as coordination of facility issues and new contract transition and training support.
- Work with the Clinical Operations Program Management team to support the clinic's financial performance with specific emphasis on enrollment growth and personnel and non-personnel cost containment. This includes daily and monthly Full-Time Equivalent (FTE)/staffing analysis and a thorough understanding of the drivers of all non-personnel costs, such as lab, and supplies.
- Provide ongoing mentorship and support to the Clinic Manager and support staff to ensure we are upholding our performance excellence initiatives and providing the best customer service focused care.
- Work with the Clinic Managers and Outreach team to develop and execute growth strategies of new enrollees to the clinic and expand market penetration in the clinics' catchment areas.
- Proactively manage patient enrollment and retention to minimize veterans exceeding their annual visit date and being dis-enrolled.
- Work with the Clinic Manager to maintain staffing levels consistent with patient enrollment, contract terms, and to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Review and analyze reporting, including clinical quality metrics, customer satisfaction metrics, other pertinent
- operational metrics, financial reports, staffing levels, compensation trends and other relevant information.
- Provide standard updates to senior leadership to aggressively improve any deficiencies and maintain excellence.
- Attract, coach, mentor, and retain talent through excellent communication, interaction with key leadership
- (Outreach, Human Resources, etc.) and enforce key competencies.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with our VA partners and key stakeholders.
- Innovate, embrace, and support new initiatives, whether clinical or operational, and execute on key strategic initiatives that drive the success of the business.
- Must have exceptional diplomatic communication skills and experience in handling difficult customer situations.
- Must be detailed oriented and have the ability to multi-task.
- Must have the ability to work well with teams.
- Current RN state license required.
- Possess Basic Life Support (BLS from American Heart Association or Military Treatment Network (MTN).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Software and including experience with electronic medical records systems.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: (REQUIRED YEARS OF EXPERIENCE LEVELS)
- Minimum of one (1) year experience as a Clinic Manager in a related area of patient care, i.e. Family Practice/Adult Practice/Women’s Health.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: (REQUIRED DIPLOMA, DEGREES)
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and/or a graduate of an accredited program for RN from a National League for Nursing (NLN)-accredited school. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Preferred OR Bachelor of Management in Healthcare administration preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS, SHIFTS, OVERTIME)
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds, assisting patients to turn, stand or work, and standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work and health clinic environment.
- Required to respond to any medical emergency within the clinic, where a fast walk or jog may be necessary to provide assistance.