The Search Engine Optimization Analyst will work with our site and the Director of SEO to audit the client's existing SEO and social activities. Based on this audit, the SEO Analyst will define the program's goals, strategies, and tactics.
Our new Analyst will identify target keywords and will provide on-page and off-page recommendations for technical SEO elements, site structure, on-page content optimizations, and linking best practices. The Analyst will track and report on the success of the engagement, providing monthly optimization recommendations. This role does not include design or development implementation, however, understanding of these is beneficial.
This position requires a candidate that excels in SEO knowledge, data analysis, project management, and balancing established processes with creative thinking. Successful applicants will be proactive, detail-oriented, and enthusiastic.
This position will be located in our offices in Austin, Texas.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Analyze trends and provide insights into KPIs for clients' and prospects' sites.
- Quickly and effectively structuring data within Excel to provide insights and actionable takeaways.
- Conduct keyword research and page mapping with an understanding that this will be a driving part of client strategy.
- Identify technical issues with client websites such as indexation bloat and ineffective robots.txt files.
- Create in-depth audits of client websites and present them directly to clients via PPT.
- Create customized SEO recommendations to meet your clients' unique needs and to improve performance.
- Analyze lead or sales performance data, rankings data, crawl logs, and site analysis tools to identify opportunities for search engine optimization. Communicate these recommendations to the client as necessary in order to achieve the client's goals.
- Create and deliver client performance report on varying cadences.
- Use site audit and performance data to recommend projects for client roadmaps/initiatives.
- Collaborate with other teams, including analytics, conversion rate optimization, creative, and paid search to add incremental value for clients.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Minimum 2 years of SEO work experience ; agency experience is a plus.
- In-depth understanding of the three pillars of SEO. (Technical, On-page, & Off-page)
- Understanding of the "New" SEO and what the term means.
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Excel skills are highly valued. Pivot tables are used multiple times in a given project. However, these should not be the only tools in your Excel arsenal.
- Must have a working knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS, and other common languages used for building and optimizing websites.
- Experience working with SEO applications and web analytics tools (Google Analytics, WMT, Omniture, Coremetrics, WebTrends or ClickTracks).
- Superior organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build strong working relationships across different teams.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science, Marketing, Math, Linguistics, English, or Economics preferred.