Investing in a career at Kinecta Federal Credit Union simply makes good sense. Kinecta is one of the largest credit unions based in California and growing! We currently have an exciting opportunity for an outgoing, ambitious, and innovative individual that thrives on helping people in a team environment.
Kinecta Federal Credit Union is currently looking for a PERSONAL FINANCIAL ADVOCATE II. The PFA II will be responsible for the following...
- Responds to new member inquiries, facilitates opening of accounts and recommends related Credit Union products and services based on a mini-financial needs analysis.
- Manages assigned household members and proactively uncover additional financial needs through referrals and outbound tele-consulting.
- Proactively seeks, develops and maintains new business resulting in memberships, shares, consumer loans, through outbound calling, internal referrals, interviews with new and existing members, and service calls to prospective employer groups.
- Records daily quality conversations with members and creates new member profiles. Inputs new membership accounts accurately and efficiently using established Credit Union policies and procedures. Maintains profiles to meet members’ future needs by conducting daily mini-financial needs analysis.
- Maintains profiles to meet members’ future needs by conducting daily mini-financial needs analysis.
- Supports corporate product campaigns at Member Service Centers. Ensures Member Service Center goals are met, anticipates obstacles, and strategy methods to optimize results.
- Assists in the development of best practices and sales strategies by participating in Job Family Meetings, conference calls, and other in branch meetings.
- Processes, loads and funds consumer loans, gathers supporting documents, and reviews all documents for completeness.
- Develops and maintains relationships with Kinecta Financial Insurance Service Financial Consultants and Mortgage Loan Consultant partners to maximize referral opportunities and achieve sales and service standards. Advises members on products and services that meet their specific needs. May conduct informal sales presentations to new and existing Select Employer Groups and Co-op groups to generate business.
- Spends minimum of 40% of the time assisting members with teller transactions; assignment will be based on business needs.
- Processes member transactions e.g. receiving and disbursing funds, posting deposits, loan payments, withdrawals, cash advances, and processing mail transactions efficiently and accurately.
- Balances cash drawer, negotiable instruments, and daily work at the end of each workday, including encoding and proofing checks for item processing, according to Credit Union balancing requirements.
- Places appropriate holds on accounts for uncollected funds.
- Provides members with proper disclosures, e.g. funds availability and rate sheets.
- Contributes to branch’s achievement of service quality scores, production goals, and individual balancing standards.
- Performs a variety of administrative duties in support of MSC operations and tracking, e.g. answers phones, photocopies, and prepares documents for central files.
- Maintains confidentiality of credit union and member records.
- Arrives to work on time and when scheduled.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of features and benefits of Credit Union products and services in order to solicit, explain, and discuss with members. This information may be acquired through on-the-job and formal training programs.
- Knowledge of corporate sales training programs and ability to execute on these to fulfill members needs and train members of the sales team. Information relating to specific Credit Union programs may be acquired through on-the-job and formal training programs.
- Strong communication skills (written and orally).
- Effective interpersonal skills to coach and train co-workers.
- Strong customer/member service skills.
- Ability to analyze member’s financial needs and provide related information and/or data to demonstrate product and service benefits.
- Ability to listen, observe and interpret people and situations.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to interact with staff, members and others encountered in the course of work.
- Ability to learn and apply new information or skills.
- Ability to perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks.
- Ability to use math and apply mathematical reasoning and abstract statistical concepts.
- Work under intensive and competing deadlines.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Potential candidates for this position must meet the following requirements:
Associate Degree in relevant field. Minimum of 1year of retail sales and service experience.
2 years’ experience in product sales in a financial institution. Minimum 1 year experience in customer service and cash handling; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Successfully completes Level II certification program.
Basic computer skills needed for accurate data entry of member and loan account information, and to create and revise general correspondence.
_EXPERIENCE AS OUTLINED MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR EDUCATION ON A YEAR-FOR-YEAR BASIS. _
EMPLOYEE MUST ADHERE TO ALL COMPLIANCE REGULATIONS IN THE STRICTEST MANNER DURING THE PERFORMANCE OF THEIR JOB DUTIES.