Maintains, repairs, and inspects locomotives to assure they are safely maintained in a quality, cost effective manner. Manages locomotive, service track and car shop operations. Responds and manages service interruptions within the terminal and mainline. Manages special projects in support of mechanical operations, manages personnel, meets objectives to support shop and terminal production plans and ensures all work is being performed within FRA and AAR standards, and company guidelines, safety rules, and practices.
- Manages locomotive operations including shop, terminal and service track;
- Monitors safety, quality and production performance in shop, terminal and service track;
- Communicates with appropriate parties of all aspects of shop, terminal and service track capacity. Communicates the daily plan and shift turnover documentation to ensure plan execution, including conference calls, schedule adjustments, staging plans, terminal interactions and inspections;
- Monitors and maintains locomotive dwell;
- Works with the Transportation team to develop operation plans and ensure all SLA’s are met;
- Audits equipment reports daily and inspects equipment on a regular basis to ensure compliance;
- Ensures compliance with KCS RR and equal employment policies, safety and operating rules, schedule agreements, attendance guidelines and government regulations;
- Exemplifies KCS Vision, Values, and Culture in each and every interaction with team, clients, and stakeholders.
- High School Diploma - General Studies;
- Three (3) years of locomotive and rail car experience including shop, service track, service interruptions, re-railing and analysis;
- Three (3) years of experience with locomotive troubleshooting;
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three (3) years of managerial experience in managing and leading union and management employees.
The duties listed are representative of the job; however, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties a person may be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer/Veteran/Disabled. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.