The SAP Security Application Specialist leads and oversees all SAP Application Security strategy, development and management related to SAP vulnerabilities, releases, patches, and notes. This position has hands on experience in leading and managing special projects like SAP license management and submission including proper classification of users and submission to SAP, SAP Security patch notes, SAP Upgrade, SAP Application Security/Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC), and refresh projects . This position is charged with the enforcement of security policies and procedures aligned with best practices. This position thrives by working with diverse set of teams and stakeholders requiring complex solutioning to achieve an integrated SAP Application Security solution that works best for the enterprise.
Works independently and receives minimal guidance. Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions. Leads projects with moderate scope, risks, and resource requirements. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. Develops and manages operational initiatives to deliver tactical results.
- Researches and evaluate security management software and makes recommendations on how to improve and optimize existing security procedures.
- Works closely with relevant stakeholders both business and technology to drive design, architecture and deployment of Security and Access Control Solutions.
- Collaborates with internal teams to help streamline all security-related changes across landscapes for SAP ECC, Business Inteligence/Business Objects, Solution Manager, PI, Fiori and GRC system amongst others.
- Defines the security model for various existing and planned SAP application implementations by assisting with project status updates, defining mitigation plans, and resolving issues.
- Conforms to IT Governance and Compliance audit requirements including the composing of policy documentation, recording of acknowledgment and compliance.
- Collaborates with internal security and audit teams to ensure proper SAP controls are in place for SAP roles and authorizations and that ongoing governance is in place and occurring.
- Recommends options to optimize security roles and avoid SOD violations. Translate functional requirements into technical designs for security roles.
- Performs daily security investigations to determine core issues, provide corrective action, and implement preventive controls to avoid similar issues going forward.
- Participates in the planning and coordination of releases to production.
- Administers and configures Governance Risk and Compliance within SAP; including risk and usage analysis along with emergency access management.
- Works with project team to audit ERP environment to comply with Sarbanes-Oxley standards.
- Develops processes to quarterly check on Segregation of Duties (SOD) issues.
- Facilitates SAP GRC suite Implementations and upgrades as necessary
- Monitors SOD conflicts at transaction code level.
- Determines responsibility in maintaining Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance.
- Exemplifies KCS Vision, Values, and Culture in each and every interaction with team, clients, and stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college, Computer Science, Engineering, System Security, or in a job related major field of study
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant professional experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 8-10 years’ experience implementing and supporting SAP Security and GRC solutions.
- Experience in SAP S/4 HANA Security using HANA studio configured Standard, Technical and Restricted Users.
- Ability to successfully create System, Object, Analytic and Package Privileges and assign to end users.
- Experience with SAP Single Sign on 3.0 (SSO) and SAP Enterprise Threat Detection 1.0 (ETD).
- Exposure to security on Business Process Monitoring (BPM) using Solution Manager with ECC as managed system.
- Experience in successfully implementing SAP Fiori Security for end user mobile application interfacing with ECC.
- Familiar with security administration in systems like SAP ECC, BI/BO, Solution Manager, PI, Fiori and HANA.
- Experience with various SAP Security implementation methodologies, role design, requirement gathering, creating user role authorization matrix, SOD matrix, and risk remediation/mitigation framework.
- Expert knowledge configuring/designing SAP roles.
- Experience with GRC AC 10.1 end to end support and maintenance, upgrade and implementation along with experience in GRC AC SOD remediation process and ruleset customization, user provisioning Workflow Customization using BRF+ etc.
- Experience with SAP user admin automation, ABAP, SECATTs, in managing user provisioning across large SAP landscapes.
- Strong understanding of security concepts and risk mitigation strategies within Fiori Security.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills along with ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Strong self-management to manage and prioritize multiple project activities. Strong analytical thinking, documentation, design skills along with strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Designs user management systems, maintains user accounts, solves security incidents, takes part in audits, trains users, supports IT staff, and delivers authorizations within SAP.
The duties listed are representative of the job; however, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties a person may be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer/Veteran/Disabled. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.