The System Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and analyzing technical products and systems; performing engineering design evaluation; recommending alterations of development and design to improve quality of systems and/or procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs, develops, implements and analyzes technical products and systems.
- Performs engineering design evaluations.
- Assists in reviewing and recommending alternations to development and design to improve quality and efficiency of systems.
- Resolves software related problems and all technical issues involving Kinecta’s servers and systems.
- Identifies and recommends emerging technology trends and develops alternatives with respect to hardware and software architecture; conducts capacity planning studies of server hardware and software, analyzes data and develops hardware/software capacity requirements, alternatives and recommendations.
- Evaluates, updates, maintains and applies patches for all servers; works in conjunction with Data Security to maintain security on all servers; implements server requirements for new applications.
- Trains employees in day-to-day operations and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of operating systems and practices of WINDOWS domains, trusts, policies, Active Directory Scheme, and File/Print services.
- Strong knowledge of principles and practices of supporting Windows services such as WINS, DNS, DHCP, IIS, replication and TCP/IP.
- Strong knowledge in networking principles, WN/2000 and WN/2003 servers, workstations and peripherals, interface cards, and tape back-up units.
- Knowledge of network protocols, operating systems, Internet, Intranet and remote access systems.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service.
- Ability to deal effectively with vendors, suppliers and staff in person and over the telephone.
- Ability to provide advice on the acquisition, design and implementation of servers and related equipment.
- Ability to maintain organized and detailed records.
- Ability to present technical information orally and in writing in a non-technical way for employees, and decision makers.
- Ability to analyze and present recommendations to management on vendors and services.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with those contacted in the course of work, both inside and outside of the organization.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Potential candidates for this position must meet the following suggested requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or closely related field.
- Two to three years of related professional information technology experience in a system Admin or equivalent role, preferably in a financial setting in a system