- Functions as a technical specialist or in a lead role.
- Under general direction, develops and applies advanced engineering techniques, concepts and approaches to complex engineering problems.
- May provide technical guidance over a group or supervise engineering staff on projects of low to medium complexity.
- May be responsible for developing, validating, and presenting specialist/technical output.
The Building Mechanical Team is engaged in the following:
- Design and Construction Activities.
- Project Delivery Methods - Traditional Design-Bid-Build and Alternative Delivery/Design Build.
- Facility Types - Water Treatment, Wastewater Treatment, Pumping Stations, Solids Handling, Hydraulic Structures.
- Systems – HVAC, Plumbing, Chlorine Scrubbers, Dehumidification and Odor Control.
- Type of Areas - Administrative, Laboratory, Chemical Storage & Handling, Ozone, Filter Galleries, Pump Areas, Solids Handling, Headworks, UV Disinfection, Membrane, Engine Generator, Blowers/Air Compressors, Clarifiers, Digester Equipment Studies.
- Energy Audit/Efficiency - Engineering studies, system performance reviews, and energy compliance calculations.
- Code Review/Application - Facility review for code compliance.
- Sustainable Design/LEED - Application of sustainable strategies.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
- Minimum of 8 years related work experience.
- Learning on the Fly, Problem Solving, Intellectual Horsepower, Written Communications, Drive For Results, Decision Quality, Informing, Listening, and Dealing with Ambiguity.
- Intermediate knowledge of engineering design principles and the following applicable design guides and standards related to HVAC, plumbing, chlorine scrubber, dehumidification and odor control system design.
- International Codes Council (ICC) Suite of Codes
- ASHRAE Handbooks / Standards
- SMACNA Standards
- NFPA 820
- Trane Trace 700 / Elite Software CHVAC Commercial HVAC Loads
- Microsoft Office Suite