ELECTRICAL DISTRIBUTION TRAINEE
(SALES & OPERATIONS TRAINEE)
STARTING PAY: $19-$20/HR
Trainees are responsible for learning Viking Electric's business from the ground up and understanding products, services and project solutions in preparation for a future career by learning all aspects of the business and providing customer service through taking, entering and filling orders, gaining product and sales knowledge while becoming more proficient with departments, systems, and procedures. Additional duties and responsibilities are:
- Learn and understand the systems and programs necessary to provide high service levels to our customers and to maintain the operation of the Viking location and its inventory.
- Gain product and application knowledge of materials sold by Viking in the course of working at the City Desk, utilizing individual training from location manager and co-workers.
- Work with location account managers and/or account reps to meet their customers'' needs and providing back-up responsibilities to sales associates as necessary.
- Maximize sales and profitability by knowing the marketplace, competition, understanding customers'' needs and up-selling, while working closely with the Marketing & Materials group.
- Provide support to the store/operations manager in the operation of the location. Receive and stock material on shelves, maintain showroom and warehouse areas to provide a clean and safe environment to shop and work in.
- Execute an ongoing professional training plan by actively participating in all job related and company training, informational seminars, business meetings, and job shadowing. Progress through trainee program by following the training template and meeting regularly with an assigned Viking Electric mentor.
VIKING ELECTRIC VALUES:
Viking Electric's shared values drive the daily decisions of our associates and define how we interact with each other, our customers, suppliers and communities. For Viking Electric these shared values are:
- Integrity - Behaving in a respectful, straightforward and ethical manner.
- Excellence - Delivering great experiences throughout our entire business.
- Innovation - Taking the initiative to drive positive change in our business.
- Commitment - Bringing passion, creativity and knowledge to all that we do.
- Collaboration - Enabling shared success through teamwork
CORE COMPETENCIES EXPECTED OF ALL VIKING ELECTRIC ASSOCIATES:
- Acts with Integrity
- Builds Effective Relationships
- Communicates Effectively
- Creates and Leads Change
- Develops Self and Team
- Drives Performance and Results
- Makes Quality Decisions
JOB RELATED SKILLS:
- Strong math aptitude, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal & written communication-plus the ability to create, compose and edit written documentation.
- Strong computer/technology skills (Word, Excel, e-mail, internet, voicemail, Viking's ERP system).
- Good understanding of market, competitors, products and services. Solid selling skills and the ability to work independently.
- Basic understanding of financial information and effective negotiating skills.
- Must be self directed and able to prioritize.
- Must maintain and provide a positive company image
- Past sales/customer service experience preferred
- Past experience in an warehouse/operations setting preferred
- Viking is ready to train on all electrical product knowledge
VIKING ELECTRIC is a wholesale electrical distributor and solutions provider with 21 locations in Minnesota and Wisconsin. The company was founded in 1964, in St. Paul, Minnesota to serve the needs of the electrical industry. Viking serves residential and commercial electrical contractors, industrial, tool, and related markets. The company stocks more than 30,000 products from 400 manufacturers including electrical supplies, lighting, power tools, hand tools, wire and cable, automation, data com, switchgear, and more. Viking Electric is a Sonepar Company. vikingelectric.com
Check out Viking's LinkedIn Company Page for more company info and insights from our associates.
VIKING ELECTRIC IS AN M/F/DISABLED AND VET EEO/AA EMPLOYER