The Life & Health Advisor spends 9 months of the year selling final expense insurance, term life insurance, and other ancillary insurance products to inbound leads. In addition, the advisor will flex into AEP sales in October and focus solely on selling Medicare products through our busy open enrollment season. The advisor will need various sales attributes: ability to overcome sales objections, competitive analysis, knowledge of underwriting process, ability to learn and master SelectQuote's processes and procedures.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- High earning potential – Base plus commision with a 1st year average annual income of $65,000k. Top agents make well over $85k annually. Our agents have the ability to be their own CEO & employees can take charge of their career.
- No prior experience required – We provide highly compensated formal sales and insurance training
- All leads are provided – No cold calling or prospecting
- Unbiased comparison shopping - We represent over 25 of the top A-rated Medicare carriers & 12 of the top term life insurance carriers to help clients save money.
- Full benefits – These include health, life, dental, vision, 401(k) + company match, paid time off, etc.
- Growth opportunities – We offer leadership development training and promote from within for those employees seeking career advancement between all three divisions
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Coachability & willingness to learn - You'll go through an extensive training program to prep you about insurance, sales, and SelectQuote so you need to be willing to absorb this information and put it to use once you're on the phone, as well as be open to constructive criticism about how to improve your process.
- Competitive personality & an internal motivation - You need to have a drive to overcome customer objections and compete with yourself and other agents to succeed and hit new goals.
- Time efficiency & technology skills - Be efficient with yours and your customer's time. Learn when to move on from a call and when to continue the discussion. Be able to multitask and manipulate multiple screens including our software system, quote engine, and carrier applications while continuing a conversation with the customer.
- Positivity - It's important to be positive in this role and not let your previous call affect your current or future calls. The next call can be the one that gets you a sale!
- Flexibility - You need to be able to commit to high-volume hours during peak season. Our agents make nearly ⅓ of their income during a 7-week period, and we need all hands on deck dedicated during this time.
Training and Experience
TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, & NECESSITIES:
- High school diploma or the equivalent is required, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Life, Accident, & Health resident insurance license. If you're not already licensed, you must become licensed by a given deadline (licensing costs will be reimbursed after successfully completing our training program).