MEDICAL TRAINING SPECIALIST
Work as part of a medical training team to facilitate the preparation, execution, and recovery for year-round execution of medical training in support of Department of Defense initial and sustainment training. This is a full-time salaried position located in San Diego, CA.
- Provide technical services for operation and maintenance and utilization of advanced human patient simulators and medical task trainers in Support of Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC) classes and Operational Medicine Training.
- Conduct multi-disciplinary simulation and cadaveric tissue-based training primarily to support Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC) classes and operational medicine training.
- Operate simulation equipment, task trainers, computerized simulators, and virtual reality procedural trainers with the ability to follow medical aspects of scenarios and shall make appropriate adjustments/upgrades based on participant actions.
- Utilize DoD and DON approved training curriculum and scenarios when available and applicable and shall provide feedback on quality and effectiveness of curriculum content and scenarios as requested.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment inventory.
- Operate and maintain simulation-related audio-video recording systems.
- Coordinate and provide student logistics, and administration supply needs.
- Facilitate simulation training and provide feedback to the course Director and/or Medical Facility staff.
- Provide oversight of all simulation encounters to include after action reports (AAR) of simulation training.
- § Provide initial orientation of simulation equipment to newly assigned personnel.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be a fluent English speaker and possess excellent verbal communication skills.
- Must be experienced with Microsoft Office software.
- Must have experience in maintaining databases for data entry and future data analysis
- Able to pass a physical examination (general health)
- Able to work 8-10 hours per day with prolonged standing and crawling
- Must be able to lift/move 100-150 pounds of training mannequins.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (KSAS)
- Prior Military or civilian formal medical training (US Navy Corpsman, Combat Medic, Nurse, Paramedic, Emergency Medical Technician).
- NAEMT/DoD Instructor certification with minimum of 1-year experience as an Instructor
- One-year experience in medical modeling and simulation-based training.
- Knowledge of and skills pertaining to instructional methodologies, technical information for the setup, operation, utilization, cleaning and maintenance of medical simulators and simulation equipment.
- Working knowledge of adult human patient simulators
- Knowledge of medical modeling and simulation-based training methodologies and strategies as it pertains to TCCC training curriculum.
- Experience instructing large groups pertaining to TCCC training curriculum.