Work as part of a medical training team to facilitate the preparation, execution, and recovery for year-round execution of medical training in support of Department of Defense initial and sustainment training. This is a full-time salaried position located in San Diego, CA.
- Conduct multi-disciplinary training primarily to support Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC) classes and operational medicine training.
- Utilize DoD and DoN approved training curriculum and scenarios when available and applicable and shall provide feedback on quality and effectiveness of curriculum content and scenarios as requested.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment inventory.
- Operate and maintain simulation-related audio-video recording systems.
- Coordinate and provide student logistics, and administration supply needs.
- Facilitate simulation training and provide feedback to the course Director and/or Medical Facility staff.
- Coordinate and provide student logistics, and administration support needs. Ensuring students are given Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and follow procedures to prevent injury. Ensure students are given sign-in critiques/evaluations/feedback forms and subsequently collected.
- Ensure proper procedures are followed for the disposal of consumables, sharps, soiled linens and transport of same for disposal.
- Coordinate with various departments to ensure equipment, devices, instrument tray, and disposable deliveries are received and set-up prior to event/course.
- Responsible for instrument pull and set-up prior to training events.
- Provide flexible scheduling, as determined by the supervisor for the events.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be a fluent English speaker and possess excellent verbal communication skills.
- Must be experienced with Microsoft Office software.
- Must have experience in maintaining databases for data entry and future data analysis
- Able to pass a physical examination (general health)
- Able to work 8-10 hours per day with prolonged standing and crawling
- Must be able to lift/move 100-150 pounds of training mannequins.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (KSAS)
Prior Military or civilian formal medical training (US Navy Corpsman, Combat Medic, Nurse, Paramedic, Emergency Medical Technician).
NAEMT/DoD Instructor certification with minimum of 1-year experience as an Instructor
One-year experience in medical modeling and simulation-based training.
Experience instructing large groups pertaining to TCCC training curriculum.