A high growth fintech company seeks a creative Motion Graphic Designer with experience in digital, print, and website design. We're looking for someone who can take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them seamlessly into images, layouts, and other designs. The successful candidate should have an intimate understanding of how marketing campaigns work, preferably in the retail and eCommerce sectors. We work in a fast-paced environment, so the ideal person will be able to hit the ground running as soon as we bring on a new client or project. Applicants with experience leading creative teams and designing with other professionals will be given prime consideration.
As a Graphic Designer, you are responsible for the creative direction and execution of a wide variety of graphic design projects. To achieve these goals, you will work very closely with the marketing team and other junior designers. As a creative designer, you will create and update assets related to formats displayed online and for print. You will report to our VP of Marketing.
Sezzle is a cutting-edge fintech company whose mission is to financially empower young consumers. Only one in three millennials own a credit card, and the vast majority of millennials possess a subprime credit score or no score at all. To address these problems, Sezzle has built a payment platform that increases purchasing power for consumers by offering interest-free installment plans at online stores. This increase in purchasing power for consumers leads to increased sales and basket sizes for the hundreds of eCommerce merchants that currently work with Sezzle.
- Create visual aspects of marketing materials, sales collateral, websites, and other media
- Consult with clients' marketing, copywriting and sales teams to create cohesive designs that reflect our clients' corporate cultures and goals
- Create interaction models, user task flows, screen designs, and UI details that promote ease of use
- Collaborate with stakeholders to clearly define user experience requirements, user scenarios, and journey maps
- Contribute to ideation and sketching sessions, storyboards, prototyping, and usability testing to create comprehensive wireframe system
- Create and deliver mock-ups to aid with cross-team communication, collaboration, and development
- Continuous expansion and maintenance of enablement resources in close cooperation with the sales department
- Identification of relevant communication media (e.g. photo and video) and their market-oriented preparation across many channels, optimized for engagement on any device
- Determination of relevant industry imagery and implementation of Sezzle content on existing platforms
- Develop and maintain brand style guide and assets
IDEAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Fine Art Design, Marketing or related discipline
- Extensive experience with Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch, InDesign, specifically with mockups, web design and multimedia presentation
- Demonstrable UI design experience and skillset
- 3+ years in professional commercial design
- Adaptive design eye and skill
- Ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism from peers and clients
- Ability to discuss effective creative direction, brand consistency and top standards of execution for marketing materials amongst high level employees.
- A+ character. We are team-first here at Sezzle.
- A hard-working mentality. It's early and there is still a lot to build.
- An excellent communicator.
- A fun attitude. Life's too short. We can have fun while we work hard on cool things.
- Smarts. We need people that are smart enough to make decisions on their own and also smart enough to know when they need input from others.
PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Generous stock options
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life and long term disability insurance
- Collaborative workspace
- Commuter benefits, full-stocked kitchen, weekly lunches and much more!
- Headquartered in the North Loop area of Minneapolis with easy access to public transportation and right on the MetroLine
- The opportunity to join Minneapolis's fastest-growing startup alongside a team of motivated and driven individuals
WHAT MAKES WORKING AT SEZZLE AWESOME?
At Sezzle, we are more than just brilliant engineers, passionate data enthusiasts, out-of-the-box thinkers, and determined innovators; we are skilled musicians, yogis, cyclists, chefs, golfers, dog-lovers, and rock-climbers. We believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and the brightest individuals, but those that are unique and purpose-driven in all that they do. Sezzle recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting our mission.
Our culture is not defined by a certain set of perks designed to give the illusion of the traditional startup culture, but rather, it is the visible example living in every employee that we hire.