Shipt is a membership-based marketplace that helps people get the things they need. Our friendly shoppers handpick fresh groceries and household essentials and deliver them to members in as soon as one hour.
The Shipt engineering team is growing, and we are currently on the lookout for extraordinary engineers who enjoy building as much as we do. So if you are self-directed, enjoy autonomy in your work, and you are an excellent participant in a team, come join Shipt!
WHAT YOU'LL GAIN
You'll join a team of talented individuals who will provide you with hands-on mentorship on topics ranging from design to communications strategy.
- Provision highly available and scalable hosting solutions in a micro-service environment
- Build extendable applications/systems for internal engineering teams
- Design, build, and implement complex multi-region network architectures
- Create deployment processes that make developers smile
- Design continuous integration systems that scale
- Design and build monitoring systems that can handle millions of metrics/day
- Experience building software applications with technologies like Ruby/Rails, Golang, or Python
- Familiarity with OOP and REST principles
- Experience with scalable networking technologies such as: AWS ELB, NGINX, HAProxy, etc.
- Understanding of the OSI model (Layers 4 and 7)
- Experience with Docker and Container Orchestration (ECS, Kubernetes, or Swarm)
- Familiarity with common build tools and practices
- An understanding of deployment methodologies like Blue/Green, Canary, etc
- Experience maintaining linux systems
- Familiarity with standard IT security practices such as encryption, certificates and key management
- Fundamental understanding of modern cloud architecture (Virtualization, Databases, message queueing, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.