- Responsible for providing subcontractors/craft with information and direction as outlined within contract specifications to allow work to proceed as scheduled.
- Has authority to interpret technical requirements and provides solutions in conjunction.
- Provides technical direction/interpretation of design drawings and specification requirements as well as general guidance to subcontractors on overall design.
- May sign off on field designs or re-designs performed in the field Reviews, maintains records and responds to Contractor Information Requests (CIR)s Administers assigned subcontractor(s) for compliance with contract documents.
- Monitors construction activities for compliance with the CPM schedule.
- Prepares and issues extra work authorization requests (RFMPs/WAs) with the approval of the Project Field Manager.
- Coordinates with Field Subcontract Administrator as needed Maintains a daily log for site record purposes.
- Directs and/or performs quantity take-offs as required to support construction planning and invoice approval.
- Reviews all subcontractor progress payment requests for acceptance.
- Monitors technical service representative (supplier) daily logs and reviews/approves their timesheets.
- Compiles and maintains Conformed to Construction Records drawing and list markups as assigned, or directs field engineering staff in this regard.
- Establishes site document control activities for design documents.
- Assists Field Quality Assurance Manager in performing inspections and verification of tests. May provide supervision, training, development and performance management of direct reports.
- Adheres to safety and quality standards as appropriate for level of duties and accountabilities.
- Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
- List supervised positions and count.
- 6+ years construction management experience in similar facility construction.
- PE required or degree + 4 years design experience and 6+ years construction experience.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either an ABET accredited program.
- Knowledge of cost control, scheduling, engineering drawings and other documents.
- Advanced Ability to set-up and perform project controls functions on smaller, less complex projects.
- Basic Ability to do material takeoffs and field estimates Advanced Communication skills.