The MEMS Design Intern will develop analytical models and performing mechanical finite element analysis (FEA) on sensor elements and their packaging. The intern will also be responsible for the characterization of MEMS pressure sensors, analyze the performance and validate the simulation models, driving deeper understanding of the product and how packaging affects the performance. The position will require working with cross functional team of product, design, package and test engineering.
· Develop improved FEA models for MEMS pressure sensors and their packaging.
· Develop and execute product characterization plans by design and assembly process iterations.
· Use statistical data analysis and validate the newly developed FEA models.
· Generate detailed characterization reports and present findings to cross-functional audience.
· Pursuing a MS degree (with a BS or equivalent) in Mechanical engineering, Physics, or Electrical Engineering, with a special focus on MEMS design and technology.
· Industry and/or hands-on lab characterization experience with silicon pressure sensors or related MEMS.
· Mechanical modeling expertize in ANSYS workbench and/or ADPL.
· Fundamental knowledge of MEMS pressure sensors and MEMS fabrication processes
· Basic knowledge of CMOS Semiconductor product design and processes
· Hands on experience with electrical test equipment (DMM, programmable power supplies, oscilloscope, parameter analyzer, etc.).
· Ability to extract sensor performance parameters from test data and use standard statistical data analysis to draw conclusions and make recommendations for improvement.
· Effective communication and presentation skills to efficiently work in an interdisciplinary project team.
· Self-motivated and creative problem solver.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.