Not all Solution Engineering opportunities are created equal. Organizations positioned in growth mode and have competitive compensation plans lead to a positive team environment for optimal success. Our client is rapidly expanding and seeking team-focused system/sales engineers to add to an already successful team.
As Pioneers of process automation software, our client is positioned as the thought leader in a sector experiencing rapid growth and development with major customers and partners.
KEY PURPOSE/ DESCRIPTION OF THE ROLE
Support the Sales and Alliances teams across the US Sales region in strategic Solution Engineering activities with new prospects, existing customers, and the partner community. Creating a demand for software licensing and assist the sales team to secure software license revenue for strategic accounts. To skill up and train Solution Engineers.
This is not strictly a sales role and technical acumen is needed.
- Work closely with clients to gain an understanding of client requirements.
- Assist the sales team with their major account sales plans as it relates to Solution Engineering
- Prepare project timelines for creating and delivering demo artefacts; manage projects to agreed upon scope and timelines
- Demonstrate software proposition and key differentiation.
- Work with the other teams to ensure client requirements can be met from a functional and delivery viewpoint.
- Work with sales team to ensure key influencers are on board and best practice RPA is being positioned early in the sale process.
- Engage and enable partner Solution Engineer resources
- Assist with product demonstrations, RFXs, PoTs, PoCs, Pilots, competitive analysis, and marketing events
- Respond to customer and partner inquiries
KEY SKILLS NEEDED
- 5-7 years of strong experience in an enterprise software sales environment with proven Solution Engineering success.
- Demonstrate ability and success in developing relationships at the C-suite level.
- Ability to understand and articulate the proposition at all levels from both a business and technical perspective.
- Demonstrable energy and enthusiasm, with the ability to paint a vision, put a story around the sales proposition and articulate where it fits into the customer scenario.
- Serve as Trusted Advisor.
- Ability to build long-term relationships both internally with the team and externally with clients and partners.
- Technical knowledge of enterprise applications.
- Enterprise Architecture experience desired with strong knowledge of various technologies and virtualization.
- High level knowledge of infrastructure (failover, business continuity, and DR) and data security.
- Additional desired skills include: AI, BI, BPM, ETL, RDBMS, SDLC, and software installation.
IDEAL BACKGROUND – INDUSTRY / COMPANY / LIKELY TO BE DOING NOW
- Technical background with a Solution Engineering track record within an application software company or business solutions organization.
- Proven sales achievement and sales recognition
- Top performer
- Team focused mentality.
- “Share the wealth” mindset and wiliness to train and mentor other Solution Engineer resources
- Self-motivated, driven and results orientated.
- Proactive and reliable.
- High energy and shows passion and commitment.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Credible and have gravitas.
- Ability to travel and spend time away from home (50% travel, 1-3 day length trips).