The Assistant Nurse Manager is responsible for all departmental functions in support of the hospital mission, vision, and facility goals. The Assistant Nurse Manager identifies the cost-effective systems needed to support the business of the department taking into account business trends, resource availability, and changes in customers. This position establishes effective working relationships with all constituencies including patients, physicians, employees, volunteers, and vendors. The Assistant Manager identifies and remedies variances through continuous customer satisfaction data and employee involvement. The Assistant Nurse Manager works with Senior Management in meeting Facility goals. Oversees Pre-op/PACU/PAT; assists as Pre-op/PACU/PAT RN as necessary.
- Consistently demonstrates professional behavior and exhibits strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrates effective communication, delegation, empowerment, and negotiation skills.
- Motivates employees.
- Improves and / or maintains high employee morale as measured by the employee satisfaction survey.
- Successful at implementing change and managing and resolving conflict.
- Participates in the continual viability of the facility through program development.
- Supports the philosophy, mission, goals, and objectives of the institution.
- Reads all policies related to the clinical areas managed.
- Develops, implements, and revises policies and procedures that guide and support departmental provision of services.
- Strong team player.
- Serves as a resource to Senior Management.
- Integrates department’s services with the hospital’s primary functions and with other departments.
- Staff liaison between staff and management regarding clinical or HR related concerns.
- Assist Nurse Manager in staffing for all departments
- Assist Nurse Manager in staff evaluations and disciplinary actions
- Assist Nurse Manager in accomplishing meaningful use and patient experience goals.
- Liaison for education for nursing staff
- Graduate of accredited school of professional nursing.
- BSN preferred.
- Five (5) years experience in Pre-op, PACU or Critical Care as staff nurse
- Two (2) years experience in surgery management that can include pre-op, intra-op, and post-op care.
- Current Tennessee RN License
- BLS & ACLS Certification required
- Independent decision making skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills with staff and physicians.