Sion Power Corporation, the global leader in the development of a new generation of high-energy, rechargeable lithium batteries is currently searching for a Test Technician - Rigging.
This position is responsible for prepping cells for test. This includes using mechanical fixtures and tools. Also responsible for performing basic mechanical and electrical measurements using electronic measurement equipment; testing and preparing spent cells for disposal. Requires good communication and frequent coordination with multiple departments.
- Use hand tools and operate equipment to prep cells for test.
- Use basic electronic skills to measure and record cell parameters such as voltage, current, AC impedance, weight, and EIS measurements.
- Properly handle both charged and discharged cells during their cycling life in accordance with established safety procedures and adhere to all safety and environmental policies set forth by the Company.
- Maintain good computer based documentation and organizational skills.
- Interface with colleagues from all departments to communicate statuses and request information.
- Prepare Li-ion cells for proper disposal to include Tab removal; Bagging cells and placing bagged cells in drums for disposal.
- Assist in proposing improvements to enhance department efficiency and reliability.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area in accordance with 5S practices.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 3+ years manufacturing experience.
- Proficient with DVM, hand tools and machine tools.
- Mechanically inclined and capable of independent action.
- Ability to read and write English, follow both written and verbal instructions/procedures.
- Focused and hardworking.
- Must possess good computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to be on your feet for up to 3 hours at a time.
- Strong communication and organization skills a must.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as individually.
- Wear appropriate PPE when necessary.
- Successful candidates will have strong problem solving skills; an ability to quickly learn and perform new tasks; demonstrate professional and technical competence; as well as, excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to solder and build cables is a plus.
NOTE: The list above is not all-inclusive but is intended to give you the major job responsibilities/duties of the position. There may be times you are assigned other duties outside the scope of the listed responsibilities/duties at the discretion of your Manager/Supervisor.