The primary function of the Back-End Web Developer is to design, implement, and maintain web applications and infrastructure components.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direction of the Sr. VP, Engineering, the Back-End Web Developer is responsible for:
- Coding highly efficient and scalable software
- Refactoring and improving maintainability of the codebase
- Solving complex scalability, platform, and integration problems
- Working as part of an Agile Scrum team
REQUIRED SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering (or foreign equivalent) required
- A minimum 3 years' experience developing and maintaining web applications using J2EE.
- Excellent knowledge of core Java
- Experience with Spring, Spring Boot (Web Services, IoC, Security, etc.)
- Experience in Integrating with external SOAP, REST and AWS services.
- Knowledge of HTTP and HTTPS protocol.
- Understanding of JSON, XML, XSD, XSL
- Experience working with relational databases: MySQL Server and/or Oracle
- Knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL
- Experience with Junit
- Experience with TTD
- Knowledge of continuous integration/continuous delivery and build tools such as Jenkins and Maven
- Experience with Agile Scrum
- This position is sedentary in nature and requires minimal physical efforts.
A significant amount of time is spent working on a computer and the ability to hear, speak, write, see, type and perform other basic office functions is required.