Soccer Shots is the leader in youth soccer development. Our nationally recognized program offers a high energy, fun, age-appropriate introduction to the wonderful game of soccer. Our innovative curriculum emphasizes both soccer skills and character development. Our goal is simple: to leave a lasting, positive impact on every child we serve.
SOCCER SHOTS DMV:
Soccer Shots DC/MD/VA (DMV) was established in 2009. Soccer Shots DMV stretches from Harford Co, MD to Prince William Co, VA. Offices are located in Laurel, MD, Fairfax, VA & Lutherville, MD. Soccer Shots DMV work closely with Soccer Shots Franchising National Headquarters in Middletown, PA. Soccer Shots DMV offers programs at nearly 450 locations, serves over 29,000 participants, and employs approximately 100+ part-time coaches and 25 full-time employees.
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
The student intern will gain a better understanding of business operations for a fast-growing business in the sports industry. S/he will be expected to assist in business development over the course of a year, which will include (and is not limited to) lead generation, database upkeep, connecting with prospective clients (via phone, email, and in-person), and facilitating seasons/camps. Throughout this internship, s/he will have an opportunity to develop and implement new ideas in order to generate revenue and increase the number of children that we impact on a seasonal/yearly basis.
It is important for the individual to commit to the entirety of the internship in order to understand our business cycle and seasonality of the industry. Assignments (coaching, prospecting, Sales Days, etc.) will be delegated based upon intern’s proximity to specific territories and location.
OBTAINING ACADEMIC/COLLEGE CREDIT:
This internship experience may or may not already be an approved academic credit internship with your school. Please make sure to notify us immediately if you are seeking academic credit through your school for this experience. With your help, Soccer Shots will work directly with your school’s registrar, academic advisor, or internship department to help you achieve academic credit for this internship experience.
Responsibilities (can include but are not limited to):
• Coordinate and execute Sales/Marketing Days
• Run Soccer Shots demonstrations
• Attend promotional events for marketing initiatives, recruitment, and branding purposes
• Develop CRM Management skills
• Prospective lead generation and databasing
• Gain knowledge in relationship-based sales
• Participate in social media content creation and communication
Relationship Management/Partnership Services:
• Maintain working relationship with center directors
• Create profiles for accounts for current/future staff members
• Gather on going feedback about the program
• Sites visits as directed by Director of Development
• Participate in social media content creation and communication with our community partners
• Create, print, and distribute registration forms and promotional materials
• Prepare direct mail and other marketing documents
• Prepare and distribute seasons prizes and certificates
• Data entry
• Upkeep of the CRM
• Special projects as directed by Director of Development
• Attend team meetings and all-staff meetings, as available
• Submit final report to Soccer Shots on experience
• Weekly 1:1s with Director of Development
Assistance to Director of Development:
• Attending staff planning and strategy meetings
• Participating in special events
• Doing research and completing special projects
• Working on strategic partnerships and relationships
• Providing assistance or leadership to any one of the four DMV businesses as needed
• Attends required coach meetings
• Execute the overall scheduled Soccer Shots season
• Participate in interview/evaluation process
The Soccer Shots intern will choose between a 6, 9, or 12-month commitment to the internship. This will encompass a minimum of 20 hours per week throughout the year.During the first couple weeks of the internship, the intern will be working closely with the Director of development on learning the three branding pillars of Soccer Shots and the culture.Once the season starts, the student intern’s focus will shift to Sales, Marketing, Relationship Management of the program as well as coaching 50% of their total hours of work per week.
The Intern will be compensated at $10 per hour.Start Date: Mid-August/September 2019
End Date: May 2020