RRD HAS AN IMMEDIATE OPENING FOR OUR VP OF OPERATIONS IN WILSON, NC. CANDIDATES SHOULD HAVE PLANT LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE WITHIN A FLEXOGRAPHIC/LABELS PRINT OPERATION.
The VP-Operations will have supervision over: Plant Production Department Managers, Customer Service Manager, Plant Controller, and Administrative Personnel. Provide executive leadership to assigned location towards the development of plans and strategies for continually improving safety, quality, customer relationships, productivity, sales/new business efforts and financial success. Provide leadership through continual employee development, equipment utilization and facilities/systems improvement in all functions. Monitor progress and create action plans as necessary in order to achieve strategic plans, budgets and locations financial success. Complete responsibility and accountability for all aspects of the assigned location.
- Lead the plant to improved safety, quality, productivity and reduction of waste on a consistent and continual basis in each and every process.
- Lead new business development. Maintain awareness of competitors, satisfaction of customers and market opportunities.
- P&L responsibility for assigned locations, including evaluating the success of assigned location and informing corporation of results as required.
- Work to improve the performance of employees through consistent and continual leadership in education and training programs.
- Provide guidance and direction to department managers regarding the continual improvement of operations for which they have ownership.
- Review and evaluate manufacturing activities, performances and results. Initiate team action to identify and remove problems with schedules, excessive costs, materials or other factors affecting quality, safety, service or productivity levels inconsistent with plant continual improvement efforts.
- Maintain open communication with plant employees to improve safety, quality and productivity.
- Insure compliance with applicable laws and regulations issued by OSHA, EPA, EEO, and other federal, state and local regulatory agencies.
- Provide reports and feedback of plant performance to Corporate Staff as required.
- Make recommendations regarding hires, terminations, promotions, transfers, training and merit increases of Plant Personnel. Motivate staff in support of department objectives and timely and effective schedules to ensure production goals.
- Demonstrate commitment to continual process improvement efforts in order to assure that all customer expectations (internal and external) are exceeded.
- Responds to sales issues when required. Hosts sales and/or customers visits in-house. Travels to customers and other locations as needed.
- Perform other related duties and business related as required.
RRD IS AN EEO/AA INCLUDING VETS AND DISABLED EMPLOYER
Bachelors Degree in Business, Industrial Management, Engineering, Graphic Arts or related field. Education requirements may be substituted with advanced years of progressive Managerial and/or Executive experience working in a printing or mailing industry.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Must be able to communicate well with all levels of management, including corporate management.
- Must be able to communicate well with management team, supervision and employees regarding problem areas and quality concerns.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate customer and sales requirements.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in a client-focused, project or product management environment, preferably in a printing or mailing industry.
- REQUIRES EXTENSIVE EXPERIENCE DIRECTING OPERATIONS AND PROCESSES IN A PRINTING OR MAILING INDUSTRY.
- Ability to lead multi-functional groups, motivate, train and evaluate staff, and manage customer reporting on progress, costs, etc.
- Must have a complete understanding of process design and analysis and organizational planning.
- Must be self-motivated and driven individual who is willing to take the initiative. Must be a leader and believe in strong commitment to values.
- Must be willing to make difficult (possibly unpopular) decisions. Approachable with ego in check; flexible; high energy level; and integrity beyond reproach.
- Must have 5+ years demonstrated ability to manage others.
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, LotusNotes or other internet application, MIPPS, SAP, AS400).
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to work any hours, including weekends, as needed to get the job done.