POSITION TITLE: Specialist, Rehab Sales
PAY STATUS: Exempt
Supervised By: Manager, Regional Sales
SUMMARY: This associate is responsible for selling and in servicing all of the Invacare Mobility & Seating product portfolio, including Motion Concepts, Top End, Freedom Designs, PinDot and Adaptive Switch Labs (ASL) products. It will be key to build the relationships within the Rehab facilities, such as VA Medical Center, Spinal Cord Injury Center, local school systems, etc. to promote product and clinical education. In addition, coordinating sales and market share growth with Home Medical Equipment Providers within a specified geographical territory and account base.
- Develop strong rehab respect and presence within the Rehab facilities to ensure all Invacare products are at the forefront of the assigned geographical areas.
- Establish strategic action plans for assigned geographical areas to ensure Invacare’s mobility and seating product portfolio holds the majority market share within each facility.
- Partner with clinicians and manage Invacare’s comprehensive Rehab product line in Rehab facility accounts. In addition, managing relationship at Provider level to “pull through” the sale at the facility level.
- Call on/establish relationships with referral sources (for example; outpatient services, facilities, home care coordinators, therapists, etc.).
- Promote/sell/secure orders from existing and potential customers by effectively designing and executing a call pattern.
- Demonstrate products and services and assist prospective providers - in the selection of those best suited to their needs. Propose ideas to better utilize Invacare’s demonstration inventory offering.
- Responsible for the managing, tracking and financial responsibility of a company demo inventory account.
- Report product quality concerns or customer complaints timely according to company quality compliance procedures.
- Participate in product field evaluation sessions.
- Engage periodically in rehab new product roundtable sessions. Coordinate with local or national sales associates in established accounts with existing and new products, services, and developments (market penetration).
- Work effectively with all Invacare departments to exceed sales goals expectations and ensure adequate Invacare saturation within all Rehab facilities.
- Prepare documents such as price quotations, terms of sales, delivery dates, and service obligations.
- Notify company of competitive products, promotional sales, selling techniques, pricing, warranties, and marketing policies that are seen in the industry.
- Submit reports detailing activities/sales volumes/expenses.
- Conduct all business transactions in a manner that upholds the high ethical standards of Invacare Corporation.
- Ability to independently operate a motor vehicle.
- Complete all required training applicable to assigned position.
- Exhibit positivity, flexibility, creativity, and a willingness to take on new responsibilities as requested or required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Required 2-5 years related field sales experience in the Rehab and/or Clinical setting required.
- Previous experience in direct client contact during mobility evaluations with an understanding of the physiology and anatomy of the body and medical terminology.
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for Provider (consultative sales approach).
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Demonstrated initiative (self-starter) and ability to work in cross functional team.
- Flexible style to adapt to change.
- Availability for overnight travel, as needed.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Maneuver/lift equipment (50-100 + pounds).
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer –M/F/Disabled/Vet