The responsibilities of this position includes instructing students enrolled in the Biomedical Technology diploma and BS Biomedical Engineering programs on topics related to field of study. This position includes instructing students in a classroom environment, as well as, a laboratory environment.
- Instruct students on biomedical technology and biomedical engineering topics to include: Biomedical Instrumentation, Biomedical Instrumentation Troubleshooting, Medical Instrumentation Design, Biomechanics, Biomaterials, Bioimaging, and Medical Device Regulations.
- Develop lesson plans and assessments appropriate to the learning objectives of the instructed courses.
- Employ effective teaching strategies that promote student engagement and motivation.
- Participate in meetings to discuss and evaluate curricular issues, and to ensure effective and collaborative decisions across departments.
- Participate in the development, recommendation, and systematic review of academic policies/procedures, at the program and institutional level
- Perform lab assisting and inspection of students' lab work.
- Proctor exams and maintain/report grades for the classes taught.
- Master's degree or higher in biomedical engineering, electrical engineering, electronics engineering or closely related fields.
- 5 or more years of industry experience. Teaching experience at an accredited college preferred.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills are required.