The responsibilities of this position includes instructing students enrolled in the BS Electrical Engineering programs on topics related to industrial and electrical engineering. This position includes instructing students in a classroom environment, as well as, a laboratory environment. THIS POSITION IS A PART-TIME POSITION WHICH MAY LEAD TO A FULL-TIME POSITION DEPENDING ON PERFORMANCE OUTCOMES.
- Instruct bachelor's students on industrial and electrical engineering topics to include:
- Industrial and Automation Systems;
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC);
- Electrical Transformers;
- Power Systems;
- Power Distribution;
- Electrical Motors; and/or
- Develop lesson plans and assessments appropriate to the learning objectives of the instructed courses.
- Employ effective teaching strategies that promote student engagement and motivation.
- Participate in meetings to discuss and evaluate curricular issues, and to ensure effective and collaborative decisions across departments.
- Participate in the development, recommendation, and systematic review of academic policies/procedures, at the program and institutional level
- Perform lab assisting and inspection of students' lab work.
- Proctor exams and maintain/report grades for the classes taught.
- Master's degree or higher in electrical engineering, industrial engineering, electronics engineering or closely related fields.
- 5 or more years of industry experience. Teaching experience at an accredited college highly preferred.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills are required.