The responsibilities of this position includes instructing students enrolled in the Bachelor of Science in Information Systems on topics related to IT and computer networking topics. This position includes instructing students in a classroom environment, as well as, a laboratory environment.
- Instruct bachelor's students on topics related to IT and computer networking, including: Cisco CCNA topics, A+ and computer fundamental topics, network security, VPN's, secure routing and switching on Cisco devices, firewall technologies, intrusion prevention, wireless technologies, and related subject matter.
- Develop lesson plans and assessments appropriate to the learning objectives of the instructed courses.
- Employ effective teaching strategies that promote student engagement and motivation.
- Participate in meetings to discuss and evaluate curricular issues, and to ensure effective and collaborative decisions across departments.
- Participate in the development, recommendation, and systematic review of academic policies/procedures, at the program and institutional level
- Perform lab assisting and inspection of students' lab work.
- Proctor exams and maintain/report grades for the classes taught.
- Master's degree or higher in computer science, computer engineering, or closely related fields.
- 5 or more years of industry experience. Teaching experience at an accredited college preferred.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills are required.