The Career Services Advisor works with students to help identify and obtain positions in their field of study. This individual is focused on the career development of students and graduates, while establishing relationships with prospective employers.
I. Provides Job Placement Assistance
- Follows-up with students on job leads provided by potential employers.
- Monitors the progress of students who are interviewing and follows-up with employers and students to determine the outcome.
- Maintains an active lead generation system to ensure sufficient job opportunities are available for students and graduates.
- Provides communication to students regarding employment activities and opportunities.
- Answers all job lead calls from prospective employers.
II. Advises Students Regarding Career Search
- Works with students and graduates to assist them in their career search by helping to develop employment goals, resume and cover letter preparation, and interviewing skills.
- Maintains a variety of employment resources, including database of employment possibilities, career guidance references, employment literature and related information.
- Prepares students for employment through proper advisory.
III. Conducts Career Services Training
- Participates in and/or presents career services information at student orientation.
- Works individually and in groups to provide career coaching and educational workshops including, but not limited to, job search strategies, resume creation, cover letters, follow-up letters, preparing for interviews and searching for part-time or permanent career employment.
IV. Handles Student, Alumni and Employer Outreach
- Assists the Career Services Team with planning and promoting career fairs, on-campus recruiting opportunities for employers and other career-related events.
- Coordinates employer field trips, attends job fairs, and prepares print materials to generate job leads.
- Identifies and communicates with unplaced graduates and students who are close to completing their program.
- Maintains contact with local employers to obtain information on job opportunities to develop and enhance working relationships, and to facilitate student placement.
- Advertises placement success within the College and in the community.
- Collects, Maintains and Reports on Relevant Data.
- Maintains records of all job orders and creates a filing system (database) of potential placements.
- Compiles comprehensive records and maintains information of all successful placements. Ensures that all placement-related data is entered in the Company designated electronic record keeping system on an accurate and timely basis.
- Ensures proper documentation and verification of all reported graduates employment status is collected and maintained.
- Provides reports regarding placement statistics, new employer relationships, and current employer relationships on a regular and as-needed basis.
- Assists Director of Career Services in surveying graduates and employers to compile data regarding the effectiveness of the programs offered.
V. Follows Compliance Policy and Procedure
- Complies with all State, Department of Education and accreditation regulations.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree Preferred.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in career services, student advisement, or related fields.
- Moderate to High skills working with Microsoft Office: Word and Excel
- Familiarity and comfort working with various web based applications
- Sound judgment and reasoning skills to problem solve.
- Clear and concise communication skills.
- Detail oriented, organized and able to prioritize tasks efficiently.
- Exhibits professionalism, strong work ethics, honesty, integrity, courtesy and respect in all dealings with students and others with whom the school conducts business.