Southern California Institute of Technology is seeking qualified Biomedical Equipment Technician (BMET) Instructor to instruct student in the Biomedical Technology program on such topics as: medical device operation, medical device maintenance, medical device repairs, and other topics as it relates to medical devices.
- Instruct students on topics such as: medical equipment technology, medical device installation/operation, engineering principles, and troubleshooting and repair of biomedical equipment.
- Instruct student to perform scheduled preventive maintenance (PM) on a wide range of biomedical equipment devices.
- Instruct students on how to perform operational, safety, and performance tests of clinical equipment.
- Assist in preparing and developing new curriculum.
- Modify and keep current course curriculum, laboratory procedures and demonstrations for a continuing education program that addresses the safe and effective use of medical equipment.
- Provide expert advice, consultation and guidance in biomedical engineering matters and support field activities as requested by management.
- Minimum of an Associate Degree in Biomedical Equipment Technology or electronics or related fields. Bachelors or higher degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in maintenance and repair work on a wide range of hospital equipment.
- CBET certification highly preferred.
- Past experience as an instructor or trainer preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills are required.