The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for assisting and supporting Project Managers, Senior Project Managers and Project Directors in representing Roeslein & Associates in all matters involving the prospecting for and the proposing, negotiating, securing, and implementation of our projects and will serve as the customer’s single point of interface throughout each of his/her projects. Traditionally focuses on both internal and external coordination and management of projects, phases one through five.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist project management in preparing or formalizing project scopes of work, detailed schedules, cost budgets, pricing, and terms of customer contracts for multiple projects as well as support and implementation of assigned projects within the specifically defined project parameters.
- Assist in preparing and presenting new contract proposals or contract changes, and is responsible for all customer billings.
- Assist in secure and managing all necessary project resources to meet the projects’ goals; this includes all project subcontracting as well as managing input from Roeslein’s direct labor resources.
- Ensure that all expenditures correspond with the project’s estimated costs.
- Assist project management with maintaining / updating various key project documents including schedules, scope of supply, ECI, & buy-out reports.
- Assist in the bidding process for project subcontractors as well as coordinating all sub-contractor activities, assuring scope is completed per specification and schedule.
- Assist Business Development with estimating and applications in developing estimates for project jobs.
- Maintain all deadlines established with the customer and project team.
- Complete the monthly projections for each project assigned.
- Provide regular updates and distribution of the project control documents.
- Coordinate the input from all project resource groups including (but not limited to): Engineering, Technology/Consultants, Fabrication, Shipping, and Construction Resources.
- Provide on-site installation, start-up support, and site inspections when necessary.
- Responsible for projects’ conformance to R&A’s standards of quality, ethics and safety.
- Travel domestically and internationally 10-50% per year and up to four (4) weeks duration.
- Regularly travel between St. Louis, MO Headquarters and manufacturing facility in Red Bud, IL.
- Maintain existing R&A customer relationships.
- Develop and maintain relationships with employees at all locations.
- Conduct activities in a safe and healthy manner and work in accordance with established safety and company requirements.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote a positive working environment in order to achieve the organization’s goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work is performed in an office and uncontrolled atmosphere. Exposure to harsh conditions—such as: dust, fumes, chemicals, hazardous materials, noise, and varying weather and temperatures—for short periods of time is possible. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee will is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers, grip, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk and hear. Ability to lift and carry 10 lbs. on a regular basis is required.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL / ABILITY / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Building / Construction Management, or a related field is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in a technically related field is required. It is strongly preferred that two (2) years of experience be as a Project Engineer, resident Construction Engineer, Project Coordinator, or a related position.
- Computer skills and an in depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows based programs are required. Specifically, strong skills in the use of MS Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) and / or registered Professional Engineer (P.E) is preferred.
- Demonstrated history of strategic and tactical goal setting and attainment.
- Must be able to develop strong interaction skills; learn to interact effectively and diplomatically with a number of diverse people both on an individual basis as well as within group situations, while developing lasting, positive customer relationship based on the ability to focus on the customer satisfaction and to obtain the customer’s trust.
- Strong financial background including operations budget development, cost control, and capital spending justification is strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of jobsite safety procedures and purchasing practices.
- Specific estimating skills for engineering, construction management, and mechanical and electrical construction services.
- Working knowledge of common scheduling concepts such as CPM, PERT, Gantt charts, resource loading, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required.
- Ability to acquire a working knowledge of Roeslein’s cost accounting system, gross profit targets, standards, policies, procedures, and general business philosophies.
- Ability to work flexible hours with some weekend and holiday work required.
- Strong organization, leadership skills are required.
- Negotiation and delegation skills are preferred.
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written is required.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent organization and planning skills.
- Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills.
- Computer skills and an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows based programs are required.
- Requires effective time management skills, personal conduct, and change management abilities.
- Must have a valid driver license.
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers, clients, vendors, and other business contacts.
- Must comply with Roeslein & Associate’s core values for the safe and efficient operation of the business and maintain sound relationships among and with employees.