THE STATION EXPERIENCE
Station Houston is the hub for Houston's tech community: We connect entrepreneurs with mentors, talent, corporate innovators and investors to help them launch and grow high-potential, high-impact software startups. From the participants we curate to the exceptional events and the environment we provide, Station is where people come every day to connect, be inspired, work hard, innovate, and grow great startups.
The Product Marketing Specialist is responsible for crafting the messaging and positioning for our products and designing and executing programs that drive demand. This role will partner with Sales and Product Teams to support and/or own a variety of initiatives including product launches, event marketing, sales collateral, lead generation strategy/execution, and digital campaigns. They will also be responsible for co-marketing activities with corporate and community partnerships.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Crafts messaging and positioning for Station products, services and events by developing innovative marketing programs that drive demand.
- Manage the Station website, associated content and applications
- Develop core sales materials (slides, one-sheets, presentations) for sales team that help sales move programs through the sales funnel.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders including Community, Partnerships, PR, Creative, Product teams to create inspiring marketing campaigns with excellent storytelling.
- Develop demand generation by combining email, web, events, social media and other marketing channels, with a heavy emphasis on email campaigns.
- Plans the launch of new products and releases and manages the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on Station's market intelligence, staying up-to-date on market conditions and ecosystem.
- Utilizes Sales and Product Team expertise and translates them into field digestible (ecosystem and sales) positioned documents, presentations, demand generation, and thought leadership pieces (such as, but not limited to blogs and articles).
- Is a vital member of the Station team, supporting team events and internal processes as necessary
- Works closely with the Corporate Success Partner to deliver a superior corporate partner experience by managing co-marketing activities with corporate partners via logo placement, co-marketing strategy development, joint blogs, and corporate newsletters.
- Measure the health and success of product marketing initiatives.
- Manages Station's marketing tools (CRM, email automation, analytics, etc) to automate operations and derive useful insights from data.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications or equivalent
- 2-3 years of successful Marketing experience; startup or incubator experience preferred
- Experience creating collateral that condenses product capabilities into engaging and compelling marketing messages, and writing that addresses customer needs.
- Demonstrated success in executing product launches and marketing campaigns.
- Experience with marketing and sales automation tools (HubSpot preferred)
- Experience with website management (WordPress preferred)
- Ability to grasp technical concepts quickly, embrace and implement new technology.
- Ability to document and track project progress, define and maintain metrics.
- Refined training, presentation, and communication skills.
- High sense of urgency, driven with ability to understand and prioritize initiatives.
- Experience working in self-directed, highly collaborative, cross-functional teams.
- Outstanding organizational skills with aggressive attention to detail.
- A positive, client-focused, professional attitude.
- Tolerance for ambiguity and willingness to drive for clarity.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Competitive health care plan
WHAT TO DO NEXT
- Submit your resume and include a compelling cover letter about why you want to be part of the Station Team, and how your skills will help Station deliver on its mission to serve entrepreneurs.