Our client is an established, mission-driven E-Learning leader located north of Boston and they’re looking for a Senior Java/Scala Platform Engineer for their growing team. The ideal candidate is a self-starting Senior Java/Scala Engineer with strong experience using Java 8+/Scala, with at least 3+ years of recent professional experience. Our client offers great benefits (pays full monthly healthcare premium for individual and family as well as offering up to 10% annual performance-based bonus). They’re working with Big Data and a cutting-edge Java/Scala tech Stack and have a great work/life balance. If you’re interested in joining an exciting established company working to make the public-school education system in America better, then APPLY NOW!
_PLEASE NO C2C CANDIDATES. _
- 4+ years of Java8+/Scala experience in a production environment
- 2+ years of professional experience working on or building out a software platform
- Professional experience with PostgreSQL
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, other technical fields, etc.
- Experience with ANY NoSQL or Big Data database such as: MongoDB, Spark, Redis, Hive, Hadoop, Storm, Kafka, etc. (they’re using MongoDB and Spark)
- Professional experience with MongoDB or Spark preferred
- Any experience with Scala is preferred (NOT REQUIRED)
- Health, Vision, Dental, Life insurance 100% paid for by our client
- 10% annual performance-based bonus
- 401(k) with a 4% match dollar-for-dollar
- Gym on-site, free parking, on-site café, dry cleaning, etc.
- Shuttle from public transportation/commuter rail
- Tuition reimbursement