We are currently seeking an experienced Estimator to work, collaborate, contribute and learn with our team. If you have the desire to provide exceptional quality in a fast paced environment using cutting edge technologies, then we would like to hear from you!
Our Estimators will be responsible for developing competitive proposals and budgets for existing and new customers in automotive, energy and commercial markets.
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate
- Prepare detailed trade SWOs and backup documentation for review
- Solicit project specific proposals from subcontractors and suppliers and evaluate them for completeness and competitiveness
- Develop options and recommend best value solution based on cost, engineering, quality or availability of materials
- Establish and maintain positive relationships and ethical practices with owners, consultants, engineers, subcontractors and suppliers
- Assist Operations with awarded contracts and projects as required. May included estimating/pricing change orders and facilitating resolution of any contractual issues
- Track and assist operations with awarded contracts and projects as required – may include estimating/pricing extra work items, change orders, credit, procuring materials, etc.
- Work with Proposal Coordinator to develop complete professional proposals including all required information (schedules, project narratives, organizational charts etc.)
- Develop complete conceptual proposals to support business development and client maintenance
- Negotiate and issue subcontracts
- Support other team members of the Estimating staff as required
- Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Project or other scheduling related systems and have experience working with On Screen Takeoff and/or MC2 type software is preferred
- Candidates must have a strong understanding of conceptual estimating, estimating techniques, and cost control
- Ability to prepare proposals with minimum supervision
- Must be comfortable working in teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Candidates should be able to clearly articulate bid inclusions, exclusions, and proposals clarifications with owners and subcontractors
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize responsibilities
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management is preferred
- Candidates must have 7+ years estimating experience
Aristeo Construction, founded in 1977, is one of the top five general contractors in Michigan and services automotive, industrial, and commercial customers across the U.S. We offer a comprehensive suite of construction services, including general contracting, design build, and construction management. We also self-perform steel fabrication and erection, equipment installation, and concrete services with our own highly skilled workforce.
WHY CHOOSE ARISTEO:
Become a part of the Aristeo Experience! We’re more than just a business. We treat our employees like family and provide them with the tools and experience they need to succeed. We’ve been voted, by our employees, both Metro Detroit’s and the Nation’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work for four years running!
Candidates must be willing to travel periodically to look at job sites.
Aristeo offers an excellent working environment, competitive salary and benefits, and an opportunity to grow. Candidates must be currently eligible to work in the U.S. without further visa sponsorship. Aristeo is an EEO employer.