We are seeking a Loan Processor to become a part of our team!
- Analyze and record all incoming documents for compliance and loan eligibility
- Verify and validate supporting income, assets and liabilities
- Current FHA and VA Mortgage experience
- Possess advanced knowledge of DU, LP and FHA automated underwriting systems
- Maintain open communication with customers, real estate brokers and loan officers to; ensure proper and timely processing and submission of mortgage applications
- Review and verify credit reports
- Input and/or update mortgage applications
- Send and follow-up on verification's to employers, banks, creditors, etc
- Provide status reports on each mortgage indicating process to the loan officers
- Able to multi-task in a busy office environment
- Able to accurately process first mortgage loans; VA and FHA
- First mortgage loan underwriting experience wholesale lending knowledge preferred, but not required
- Up to date on latest disclosure and re-disclosure requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary
- This job utilizes your leadership and communications skills to advance your career
- Minimum 3 year of mortgage loan processing experience
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Spanish speaking recommended
- Ability to multitask: managing multiple calendars, etc.
- Must be extremely coach-able
- Ability to follow a daily checklist
- Must welcome flexible hours
- Adept in Microsoft Office
- Must have ability to calculate income
- Knowledgeable in running D/U and LP
- Must show the ability to problem solve in a timely manner
- Extremely proactive
- Welcomes fast-paced environment
Sun West is currently looking to fill positions in the Los Angeles, CA area. The position comes with an aggressive salary plus bonus compensation. We also offer full medical, dental and vision benefits as well as 401K matching after 365 days (1 year). Sun West has significant technology to allow both sales and sales support more time to close more loans. More importantly, hours are usually less than 45-50 hours per week so you still have time for a life and family outside of work!
Sun West Mortgage Company, Inc. NMLS ID 3277 is a full service, mortgage banker established in 1980. The company's excellent service and fast turn-time have made Sun West a multi-billion dollar national originator. As a result, Sun West is a leader in offering a diverse set of products with low rates and excellent pricing. Sun West is a HUD-approved mortgagee (FHA & HECM), VA LAPP approved, USDA lender, Fannie Mae, and Freddie Mac Seller Servicer and Ginnie Mae Issuer. Sun West is a national leader in HMBS, residential, and commercial securitization.
Sun West Mortgage Company, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company and its affiliates recruit and hire qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status, medical condition, marital status, or any other factor prohibited by federal, state, provincial, and municipal laws.