The Respiratory Therapist is responsible for patients with respiratory and respiratory-related equipment. The Respiratory Therapist as the responsibility of the assessment of the patient needs and the selection, instruction, and troubleshooting of appropriate equipment and or service provided to meet those needs; maintaining appropriate documentation.
- Receives and documents the order for respiratory equipment and or services from the customer service, patient, caregiver, physician, and or family member.
- Collects additional information and or documentation needed from insurance or physician
- Assesses the need of the patient and the best choice of respiratory therapy or services needed
- Responsible for the instruction and education in the proper use and care of respiratory equipment according to the written policies and procedures for the patient, family, and or caregiver.
- Communicates with the patients physician on changes in patients condition or needs and carries out adjustment to the patients Plan of Care
- Completes patient accounts paperwork including Plan of Care-treatment/assessments
- Acts as liaison between SuperCare Health and the patient, family, caregiver and physician
- Assumes full responsibility for their own actions, professional skills, and attitudes
- Follow all policies and procedures as outlined by JCAHO
- Follows up visit for respiratory patients and assists in continuity of care as needed and determined by policy and procedure
- Provides 24-hour on call service, seven days a week as scheduled
- Responsible for setting up respiratory equipment within the appointment/ETA given to ensure patient satisfaction
- Provides services for marketing department and all other departments as necessary
- Demonstrates timeliness, courtesy, sincerity and patience when dealing with patients.
- Supports SuperCare Health by being loyal and informing the office of concerns and problems to be resolved
- Understand and adheres to all of SuperCare Health company policies
- To remain knowledgeable to date on all products
- Maintain a professional, safe, and clean work environment
EDUCATION AND OR WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate from accredited RT Care Program (licensed)
- Experience as Respiratory Therapist
- Thorough knowledge and skill related to respiratory care field
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- People-sensitive characteristics with a genuine desire to help others
- Detail oriented
- Must be able to lift up to 75lbs