The Respiratory Account Executive (RAE) is a dynamic outside sales and marketing representative that calls on physician offices, hospitals, and post-acute care providers, in a specific territory, seeking patient referrals. RAE focuses on Respiratory Equipment and Supplies like: Ventilation, Vests, Oxygen, BiPAP, CPAP and any other durable medical equipment, supplies and services the VP of Sales and Marketing prioritizes as focus.
- Be able to execute strategic planning and selling to your referral sources. This includes pre-call planning and the ability to understand that each sales call has an opening, probing questioning, presenting of benefits, and closing for the business.
- Become an expert on our core products of Respiratory Equipment and Supplies including Ventilators, Vests, Oxygen, BiPAP, CPAP and any other respiratory related equipment & supplies.
- Meet monthly sales goals and quotas to maximize your commission and to drive revenue for the company.
- Identify and evaluate the top referral sources (i.e. hospitals, home health agencies, and physicians) in your territory and call on those sources to increase patient referrals for the company.
- Call on at a minimum of 8 to 10 referral sources per day establishing relationships, setting up in-services, and seeking patient referrals.
- Be organized and have excellent follow up skills.
- Have excellent communication, negotiation, and listening skills.
- Be able to make presentations to physicians, home health agencies, and hospitals regarding our core products and services.
- Meet all administrative duties including expense reports, weekly conference calls, emails, monthly sales meeting, billing documentation and follow up.
- Be able to provide overall organizational excellence via dedication, quality, and outstanding customer service.
- All account executives should understand durable medical equipment and supply industry, be able to analyze pharmacology products, and apply training on health care industry trends, applicable laws and regulations, market conditions, and the managed health care environment in daily execution of sales calls to physician clients.
- As a Respiratory Account Executive, you will be provided DME products, insights and data to identify and prioritize business, and offer solutions to problems and challenges to physician clients. It is also important to allocate resources in a manner tailored to meet different customer needs and opportunities, monitors performance of plans and makes real-time adjustments.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding and applies training and in-service with respect to disease state, products and relevant competitor products.
- Comprehends and effectively communicates complex technical information, including concepts and continues to expand knowledge in these areas.
- Builds and maintains strong professional relationships with physicians in private practice, medical group practices, hospitals, office staff and others in the patient care continuum.
- Fosters team effectiveness and accomplishment of shared goals through appropriate sharing of knowledge, experience, and information.
- Drives market share growth and maximizes sales performance within the indicated use and for the approved patients.
- Comprehensive understanding of the managed health care industry including reimbursement, State Medicaid programs, medical benefits and interfacing or education/certification with managed care, provider relations or both and will have experience in contracting.
- Performs other duties, as assigned by the regional sales manager.
- Understand and adheres to all of SuperCare Health company policies
EDUCATION AND OR WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Graduate from an accredited high school
Preferred bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or natural science
Knowledge in the Healthcare DME, Ventilation, Vests, Oxygen, CPAP, BiPAP and respiratory supplies. Industry sales is highly desirable.
3-5 years experience in sales and marketing of home healthcare and/or post acute care.
Understanding of current rules and regulations of Medicare, Medi-Cal and other insurances.
Excellent written and oral communication skills, executive presentation and interpersonal skills and ability to effectively and diplomatically interact with various internal and external personnel with competing interests and priorities.
Outstanding analytical sales and problem solving skills.
Ability to recognize the needs and concerns of people to result in constructive working relationships.
People-sensitive characteristics, patient and caring behavior approach & positive attitude with a genuine desire to help others and ability to work in a very fast paced environment.
Active participant in professional healthcare organizations.
Able to demonstrate the ability to handle multiple tasks, cooperative attitude, be a team player and possess demonstrated leadership abilities
Strong computer skills, including Excel, Word and Power Point.
Ability to balance multiple priorities in a high pressure, fast paced environment and to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Must be extremely detail-oriented, organized and results driven.
Ability to function independently with little direction and make best use of work time to complete daily tasks and assignments on schedule.