The ideal candidate is organized, ability to manage multiple tasks and has a positive outlook working with and caring for the elderly. The Administrators should be welcoming to all residents, staff and visitors and always portray the organization in a positive manner. Candidates must be dedicated to learning the details of the building, company functions and all policies and procedures.
Administrator candidates must have strong management skills and be comfortable hiring, reviewing and terminating employees as needed. They must be able to work effectively with peers, subordinates, hospice and home health personnel, vendors, doctor offices, residents and anyone they might come in contact with during daily operations. This position will report to the CEO. The ideal candidate will be flexible with their schedule to accommodate potential needs of the facility, marketing events, meetings, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Operating the facility in accordance with established Title 22, regulations, as outlined by Department of Social Services.
· Comply with all licensing requirements pertaining to certified Administrators reports and RCFE responsibilities as an Administrator.
· Being present in the facility during normal business hours, and at a minimum, the number of hours required to ensure that the facility is operating efficiently.
· Directly supervises employees in the Assisted Living Facility.
· Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
· Schedules staff to provide adequate around-the-clock coverage.
- Assures that Assisted Living staff receives required in-service training to meet Title 22 licensing regulations, and to assure effective communication, teamwork, cross-training and delegation of appropriate tasks.
- Provides managerial support and active listening to Assisted Living residents, independent residents, and their families.
· Evaluates potential residents for suitability to our facility and determines appropriate pricing.
- Prepares and updates individual resident health records including initial assessments, physician examination, schedules of services, medications.
- Establishes and maintains regularly scheduled contact with each resident, family and responsible party to ensure timely review of appropriate levels of care.
- Coordinates plan of care with residents, attending physicians, hospice agencies and home health agencies as well as other resources and contract services as needed to provide appropriate care.
- Visits residents in the hospital or skilled nursing facility to evaluate potential return.
- Ensures proper storage, security, dispensation and documentation of resident medications. Responsible for assuring accountability of controlled medications in central storage.
- Communicates with physicians regarding inappropriate medications and the need to begin or discontinue a specific medication.
- Promotes compassionate understanding of resident needs and ensures care staff follows care plan.
- Assists with transportation of residents to Doctors Appointments.
DOCUMENTATION AND REGULATORY COMPLIANCE:
- Ensures accurate and timely documentation of procedures.
- Provides accurate and timely billing information to bookkeeper for services rendered.
- Prepares and submits other projects, internal reports and statistics as directed.
- Maintains working knowledge of and compliance with all pertinent state regulations concerning personal care services.
- Reports special incidents or emergencies in writing promptly to the regulatory agencies and CEO.
- Ensures residents' records are complete and accurate as required by the regulations.
- Ensures timely reporting of change in resident's status/behavior and need for resident reassessment as needed to determine if a change of level of care is needed.
- Maintain facility appropriate to Community Care Licensing standards.
- Responsible to guarantee facility cleanliness.
- Inspection of all rooms for cleanliness, odor and proper housekeeping.
- General monitoring of maintenance of the facility inside and outside.
- Responsible for sales and marketing to achieve occupancy goals.
- Plans and participates with marketing events.
- Responds to resident and employee emergencies.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings as scheduled.
- Responds in a timely fashion to resident complaints and documents for future reference.
- Initiates and monitors quality assurance programs as needed.
- Remains familiar with and actively assists in emergency procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Have at least four years of experience in senior housing, health, human services and/or community services field
- Hold a Bachelor's Degree (BA or BS) or equivalent
- Hold any necessary state certifications or credentials to act as the administrator/manager of a RCFE community
- Have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Have the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Practice the highest standards of ethics, honesty, integrity and accuracy in representing the community, its ownership and management, services and facilities, to the public, its residents, and employees.