At Swagelok Alaska, our Customer Service Representatives (CSR) are the liaison between the company and its current and potential customers. A successful team member will be able to provide a professional customer service experience and maintain quality customer relationships. We are looking for self-motivated individuals who value integrity, professionalism, team work, and a strong work ethic, keeping customer satisfaction at the core of every decision and behavior.
This is a full-time position.
We offer generous benefits such as:
- Health and Dental Insurance (employer pays 85%)
- 2 weeks Paid Time Off for new employees
- 9 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) retirement plan (with generous match)
- Company paid Short Disability Insurance and Life Insurance, etc.
This position primarily assists with customer service and warehouse responsibilities. The CSR ensures customer satisfaction by placing orders, scheduling deliveries and services, responding to inquiries, and taking appropriate action to resolve concerns. Additionally, physical processing of orders, shipping and receiving, and inventory management.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage incoming calls, provide friendly greeting and responding to their requests
- Using company's order entry system to prepare & enter quotes for company's products
- Collect and maintain customer records by updating account information
- Schedule and expedite delivery of product to meet customer needs
- Ensure timely resolution of customer complaints/concerns and resolve technical inquiries
- Assist customer in selecting appropriate product or assembly to meet customer requirements
- Assist in receiving, packaging and shipment of product as well as tracing shipments
- Process product returns
- Manage non-conforming product
- Customer Orientation: ability to adapt and respond to all types of customers
- Attention to Detail: thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task
- Problem Solving: ability to solve problems while ensuring processes and directives are followed.
- Resilience: ability to maintain a mature, problem solving attitude in all situations
- Responsiveness: ability to respond quickly to requests for service
- Initiative: ability to identify what needs to be done and do it before being asked or before the situation requires it
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 2 plus years proven customer support experience
REQUIRED SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Familiarity with CRM systems and practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Attention to detail
- Experience in fluid system technologies
- Experience in alternative fuel, biopharmaceutical, chemical and petrochemical, oil and gas, power, or pulp and paper industry
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Seated workstation in office environment
- Ability to lift up to 45 pounds
- Operation of keyboard/office equipment for extended periods
- Some travel required which includes overnight stays