Major responsibility is to manage, create and deliver effective programs for youth between the ages of 10 - 13. Assist all program staff in the delivery of quality and developmentally appropriate programs for members of all ages.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and deliver programs for pre-teens (10-13).
- Collaborate with program staff on best practices to support and engage pre-teen members.
- Delivery of BGCB core programs, activities, and events as directed.
- Assist in the supervision and discipline of members participating in programs and services within the program area as well as throughout the clubhouse as deemed appropriate.
- Participate in collaborative programs and events with staff from other clubhouse departments as well as staff from other BGCB clubhouses and community organizations as appropriate.
- Assist program partners and consultants who can offer related instruction, support and guidance to members.
- Participate in program/service outcome measurement processes and other evaluations programs including BGCA''s annual evaluation Commitment to Quality as appropriate.
- Orient, train and supervise department staff as assigned.
- Provide annual performance evaluations for applicable staff in a timely manner.
- Secure, maintain and monitor budget, materials, equipment and other resources belonging to the program area(s). Maintain a clean and safe program area(s).
- Participate in individual and group supervision sessions; participate in professional development opportunities as appropriate.
- Travel between sites and to activities as needed.
- Other related duties as specified by the Director of Operations.
Position Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Work Demand
- Bachelor''s Degree required; equivalent relavent experience considered.
- Direct experience providing recreation programs for youth.
- Knowledge of youth development principles.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Must be or become CPR / FA certified.
- MS Office and web competency preferred.
- Ability to work with youth and families from a variety of backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility to work clubhouse hours especially as seasons and service needs change.
- Bilingual ability preferred.
- Valid driver''s license required.
* PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU HAVE NAVIGATED AWAY FROM OUR CAREERS PAGE, TO CONTINUE TO REVIEW CURRENT OPPORTUNITIES PLEASE CLOSE THIS TAB. *