Timmons Truck Center Baton Rouge is in search for a General Accounting Assistant to work in the Heavy Duty Trucks Leasing/Rental Department.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to,
- Financing of new lease and rental units going into service.
- Monthly billing of lease units which includes contacting customers for monthly mileages.
- Stock in new units.
- Issue purchase orders for services and add-ons for inventory units and rental units.
- Record keeping and file maintenance on all units (eye for detail to recognize inconsistencies/errors).
- Prepare documents for registration of new lease/rental units (close to perfection is necessary in titling and registering units).
- Knowledge of motor vehicle/title registration required.
- Dealership accounting experience preferred.
- Turn in time for payroll for all hourly personnel.
- Will also workup new hire documents (employee hire packet, acquire drive record, background check and physical/drug screen, etc.).
- Some Accounts Payable knowledge to include reconciling accounts to purchase orders, ensuring pricing is correct, possibly needing to reconcile line by line through many parts, recognizing inconsistencies and acquiring correction procedures from the appropriate person.
- Competence in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
Reliable transportation is necessary. This person will need to pick up or drop off sales personnel for truck deliveries - mileage is paid.
Required hours are 8-5, Monday-Friday. There is a mix of sitting/standing/walking and need to lift up to 20-25 lbs. A physical, drug screen, driving record and background check will be performed prior to first day of work.
This is NOT a data entry job. It takes knowledge of these procedures, ability to learn very quickly, think outside the box, to take initiative to tackle a problem and get it resolved, and organizational skills as well as ability to converse and discuss work issues with co-workers, customers that may be an owner-operator truck driver or could be an executive with a large company.
Company overview: Timmons Truck Center is a family owned/run business since 1980.
Employee Benefits include:
- Health Insurance – Company pays for single employee PPO coverage, and contributes to family coverage
- Life Insurance – Company pays for $30k for all employees and employee can buy up at their own expense
- 401k – company matches with limits
- Accident/Cancer/Short & Long Term disability policies available at employee cost
Starting pay is $18 hour and up for experience/public notary certification.