TQS provides engineering services and product sales to clients in the Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Healthcare and Power industries. We are distributors of a product called PI from OSIsoft. Our industry experience and the GMP critical nature of our software systems ensures that all software development and implementation is carried out in accordance with clients' strict quality system guidelines and compliance to FDA requirements for software validation and 21 CFR part 11.
Some personal and professional traits required for the position of LEVEL 2 ENGINEER include behaving ethically, communicating effectively, creativity/innovation, teamwork, leadership, decision making, organisation skills, planning, problem solving and being hands-on within your role.
The following details form the basis of the scope of responsibilities, duties and accountability of the role of LEVEL 2 ENGINEER.
- Develops PI Systems and GxP documentation with minimal supervision.
- Drafts Validation documents for installation and operational qualification, including design specification, creation and execution across a number of successful projects.
- Works with clients to understand, agree and implement technical requirements, in conjunction with TQS Team.
- Mentors Engineer Level 1 work and can provide PI and Validation training and support to them.
- Provides client operational support to the SLA Team and can act as a mentor for less experienced team members.
- Makes decisions regarding implementation, configuration and installation of PI systems on client sites.
- Can work independently on client sites and perform work in their facilities, assuming full responsibility for the overall management of that work.
- Develops solutions to client issues, both independently and with support from senior staff.
- Develops strategies for expanding business opportunities for TQS on client sites.
- Exercises judgement and initiative when dealing with internal stakeholders and clients.
- Refers complex issues to Lead Engineer or SME.
- Takes accountability for the accuracy and reliability of their work.
- Responsible for identifying and communicating challenges and recommendations to the Lead Engineer or SME.
- Takes ownership of their own training and development plan, while also supporting Level 1 engineers in their training.
- Other Ad Hoc duties as they arise
ROLE REQUIREMENTS, DESIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Undergraduate degree in IT, Automation, Science or Engineering, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 24 months of experience in programming and GxP environment or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Full clean driving licence for the US.
- Level 100 Accredited, or can achieve within 3 months.
- Level 200 Accreditation certified within 12 month duration of starting this position.
- This level covers positions that have a solid grounding in SCADA, PLC, OPC, Continuous/Batch Historians and DCS Based control systems.
- Excellent understanding of PI Architecture.
- 12-30 months supporting PI Projects and Systems.
- Ability to understand RtReports.
- Highly competent in implementing, configuring and troubleshooting of OSI PI Interfaces including, but not limited to, OPC DA, PItoPI, RDBMS and UFL and has successfully implemented within several client projects.
- Good understanding of how SQL Databases are setup & administered with respect to PI systems, in addition to Oracle installation, query and view structuring.
- Takes the initiative to solve problems and continually updates their own skillset
- Works independently with little direct supervision day to day
- Willing to travel within the US, depending on project availability
This job description is neither definitive nor exhaustive. However, it should provide a clear indication of what is involved in the role of LEVEL 2 ENGINEER at TQS Integration.
TQS Integration is an equal opportunities employer.
TQS INTEGRATION DOES NOT ACCEPT UNSOLICITED CV'S FROM 3RD PARTY RECRUITMENT AGENCIES, WITHOUT A PRIOR WRITTEN AGREEMENT IN PLACE FOR PLACEMENTS. TQS INTEGRATION IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY FEES RELATED TO UNSOLICITED CV'S AND NO FEE WILL BE PAID SHOULD THE CANDIDATE BE HIRED BY TQS INTEGRATION.